The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I MUST be first this morning !!!!!!
Woke up thinking I have overslept and expected 0800 but it was only 0430 :wacko:.
No need to get up yet so might try for another hour.
Back to Aldi at 0745. MrsD went to Morrisons (3 miles away) yesterday as she had been told they had bedding plants in.......only to find a massive queue....so she didn't bother. We are trying Aldi today.
Failing that I may resort to stealing them from a neighbour ^_^.

Edit
Looks like that bl**dy Classic fellow has beaten me :sad::sad::sad:

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, Phillip our local pheasent has been making a right noise this morning, must be hungry, not sure if he is the same one every year if it is he is getting on a bit now. Seems to live in amongst a few tree's about 20 yards from the end of our garden and strolls over to wake us each morning but shouting from the back fence, seems a happy fellow.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think this is probably the only thread worth mentioning this in. For weeks here we have enjoyed completely clear skies. At the same time we have seen no planes overhead. We are in the Manchester airport flight path but the planes are so high we only see them not hear them.

This morning we had a lot of planes overhead and accompanying vapour trails. Since lunchtime the sky has been filled with high, light cloud.

Local opinion is this is not natural cloud but vapour trails and pollution spreading out across the sky.

As an aside I was riding 30 miles north of here - no planes, vapour trails or cloud!
I was having this conversation on Facebook last night...........I am convinced this spell of glorious weather, like the summers we got as kids, has some relevance to the lack of air traffic breaking up the atmosphere and discharging noxious chemicals into the air. Obviously no way of proving it and government and the air industry certainly wouldn't want to admit anything like that.

Another gorgeous one here. House hasn't cooled down overnight so looking forward to a bit of cool air on a walk soon.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees

Another lovely sunny day ahead 🌞
Coffee is brewing, I'm debating heading out for the 5k challenge but the legs seem to struggle in the warm weather.
Arrived at John O’Groats yesterday after 39 days and 1613km on the turbo.
Today will be day one of JoGle, it should be easier as it's downhill on the way back😁

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚲🏃‍♂️🚶‍♂️🌞

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning all, Phillip our local pheasent has been making a right noise this morning, must be hungry, not sure if he is the same one every year if it is he is getting on a bit now. Seems to live in amongst a few tree's about 20 yards from the end of our garden and strolls over to wake us each morning but shouting from the back fence, seems a happy fellow.

Phillip the pheasant 😊 We had a rather large seagull who would attack his reflection in the glass door of our unit, we named him "Stephen" of course 😁

PaulSB

Legendary Member
:cuppa:

I feel physically normal

dickyknees

Guru
Good morning all.

Just the day for a click and collect then watching the tide going in and out I think 🤔

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning..........the sun is shining

Well I can report we have no plans. Zero, zilch, nul points, nothing. We do need a supermarket run but as Mrs P says that can wait. I want some Lidl £6.99 glasses but it's hardly life and death stuff - especially when they're just to shove in the cupboard for emergencies.

Bike ride at 9.30 with the lady who performed so well yesterday.

I've been doing the FB challenge to post an album cover every day for 10 days. The album should be one that influenced one's musical taste. I've enjoyed this. Today mine is "Blood on the Tracks."

I'm going to water the allotment. We are desperate for some decent rain.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Oh yes. Not going to mention this elsewhere as I don't want to join the debate.

I'm disappointed to discover friends are interpreting the new "6 people" guideline as the all clear to ride as a group of 6. We discussed this yesterday and agreed it was nothing of the sort.

I know of people from my club and another club who are planning to do this from Tuesday. The argument is if 6 people can BBQ then 6 can cycle.

Don't think this is in any way the government's intention. I think it does highlight the weeks of frustration which have built up.

Right time to go watering

:sad:

Top Bottom