The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm sure I'm not alone in my admiration for the wonderful photo's posted by Welshie and Mo.
They're a lovely uplifting reminder of the beauty of the countryside. They invariably lift my spirits, many thanks for posting them and keep them coming 👍❤
I offered to post some selfies of me sunbathing in the nude but for some reason Welshie declined.
TBF Mo did not turn me down so I may still post them.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hello!!! The guy we planned to meet in Ribchester messaged to say he had woken up with a pulled hamstring..........I know, I know and thought it best not to ask. :eek:

Ditched the planned ride in favour of a winding ramble to Scorton which has four cafes. None open or doing takeaway. :sad::angry: Headed south to Garstang and found one doing excellent coffee and bacon and sausage baton. Heavenly. Headed for home after this.

A very respectable 65 at 15.2avg. Best thing about it is one of the ladies I've been mentoring for a few months came along. "Can I do a turn?" "Of course." She came through, did three very respectable turns on the front and kept the pace at 20 very nicely. This is from someone who a few months ago was saying "I don't want to hold you back. I know I'm slowing you down etc." To see her sudden rush of confidence and hugely improved riding is absolutely fantastic.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bit I’ve just read says it’s only a “rule of thumb” and to use your common sense. Can’t see you getting in any bother being a few miles further on your bike, especially on your own?
Which version did you read tho'? The English version is different from the Scottish and Welsh version.
So far as I am concerned I plan to take the car on a 24 mile round trip next week to use the trike on Loch na Keal. Since we are pretty tightly locked away the local police are fairly relaxed so long as you do not push them too far.
On a side note I once got a severe telling off at a Trade Fair in Wales. Welsh is the language and the country is Wales so it should really be the Wales version and the Scotland version.

As far as moving away from your home, yes, at least in Wales anyway.
Are you sure that the 5 miles figure applies to exercise ? The way I’m reading the BBC report, they seem to be only mentioning it in the context of meeting with a different household.
They also mention that it is in line with Scotland, and certainly here the guidance is that you can drive 5 miles to start your exercise, but, as before, the miles you can cover in the exercise isn’t stipulated.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Are you sure that the 5 miles figure applies to exercise ? The way I’m reading the BBC report, they seem to be only mentioning it in the context of meeting with a different household.
They also mention that it is in line with Scotland, and certainly here the guidance is that you can drive 5 miles to start your exercise, but, as before, the miles you can cover in the exercise isn’t stipulated.
I didn't hear the full explanation of it but the short version. I intend to watch the welsh news at 6 pm to find out more. :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Which version did you read tho'? The English version is different from the Scottish and Welsh version.
So far as I am concerned I plan to take the car on a 24 mile round trip next week to use the trike on Loch na Keal. Since we are pretty tightly locked away the local police are fairly relaxed so long as you do not push them too far.
On a side note I once got a severe telling off at a Trade Fair in Wales. Welsh is the language and the country is Wales so it should really be the Wales version and the Scotland version.
So people from Wales are wales not Welsh?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I walked to my doctor's surgery this morning to request a new repeat prescription and on the way, I watched this couple going up the 4% gradient road which goes towards the town. He was riding a road bike and dressed accordingly ( lycra and jersey) and she was riding an electric hybrid and dressed casually ( normal shorts and top). She was about 20 metres ahead of him and pedalling effortlessly whilst he was standing on the pedals trying to keep up with her. I couldn't help but smile as they went past and was wondering when the day will come when I will have to move over to electric. Not too soon I hope. ^_^

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Lazy day today, after 6 days of riding or spinning thought i would have a day off.Spent the day in the man cave, sorted 5 bikes so am more or less up to date. 2 other bikes am waiting for bits. They will get done next week. Am now sitting in the garden with other half having a beer. Looking forward to the weekend. Doing a social distance ride with a mate i have not seen for 4 weeks. Could be longer. Time is flying by. Not enough hours in the day.đź‘Ť

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Lazy day today, after 6 days of riding or spinning thought i would have a day off.Spent the day in the man cave, sorted 5 bikes so am more or less up to date. 2 other bikes am waiting for bits. They will get done next week. Am now sitting in the garden with other half having a beer. Looking forward to the weekend. Doing a social distance ride with a mate i have not seen for 4 weeks. Could be longer. Time is flying by. Not enough hours in the day.đź‘Ť
Derrick out of interest how does one ride seven different bikes? Most I've ever got to was three summer, winter and tourer.

Top Bottom