The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I've been out for a ride this morning. 53 miles out to Twycross, I followed a regular route out and back as far as Shenton, in Shenton instead of turning left for Upton, Atterton and Witherley I carried straight on and turned right onto the A444 at Sibson, then turned left by the pub to ride to Sheepy Parva then into Sheepy Magna and onto my route out to ride into Witherly, cross the A5 into Mancetter and up Purley Chase following a regular route home but the other side of Astley instead of turning right for Keresley I carried on past the Book Farm into the outskirts of Bedworth then turned to ride through Keresley and home. Another good morning out on my bike, bright warm and sunny, but we still have that stiff cool breeze, which was slowing me down and making me work.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
've been out for a ride this morning. 53 miles
I was puggled doing 35! Really hot out again. Several others out and traffic pretty busy again now.

monkers

Veteran
I've been out too. The roads are pretty busy in Lee today - not gridlocked or anything, but it looks like plenty of visitors are about.

It's pretty hot and sticky on the south coast today. As I'm trying to work on weight, fitness, health, and stamina, I keep returning to that quiet 2 mile ribbon of tarmac that is Henry Cort Way. I set out with the idea of doing 5 times up and down making 20 miles plus the out and return runs making it up to 25. I gave up after 3 runs. In my defence there were quite a lot of bikes out, and I was putting in more work than the others.

I arrived home very thirsty in a puddle of sweat, but not exactly knackered. I'm off now for a wallow, see ya.

Aye, there's a thread in General Cycling for them.
I’ve just perused a few pages of the trig point thread but couldn’t see any explanation of said etiquette. What is it I’m supposed to be logging ? And what are the SP numbers that get mentioned ?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another nice sunny day and light variable direction breeze.
The one swallow sitting forlornly on a phone wire is today joined by a mate who has been delayed in passage as the pair are now sitting canoodling on the wire. A goldfinch came to visit as I was having morning coffee. Not common beside me tho' there are two small colonies about half a mile away who seem to stick to a small area. I wonder where small house sparrow size birds are going when they appear in the distance and pass by out of sight in the opposite direction. Clearly on a mission but they appear to be travelling a fair distance at speed.
An early start at 0830 for my cycle exercise. Not many vehicles apart from some probably going to work but by about 1000 more appearing including timber lorries and loads of topsoil going to be dumped for a new gun club site near Dervaig. Good to get out before the heat builds up as my head tends to get hot and I have to take off my hat to cool down. I think the Ken Dodd look does not really suit me so must get out my white Bubiyan Fisheries hat to keep the thatch under control.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Mo
Welshie
Ian
PaulSB
Sorry to say but once again I slept like a log.
Could it be that I am such a clean living, god fearing individual??

I woke at 0600 (as is the norm) and I recall thinking "sod this for a game of soldiers" and crawled back into bed.
As previously reported, yesterdays BBQ was a great success**.... .. sad that we couldn't hug the family but we really do keep the distance.
**Grandson (22) and grandaughter (17) were like little kids-having a great time soaking each other with the hose pipe. Just before they left grandson said "its been like being on holiday"..... can't put a price on those words.

I almost always sleep well.

In any conversation with people who are discussing lack of sleep (typically, my wife, and her sisters), my usual contribution is to say, I must have a clear conscience, to sleep so well ;)

Top Bottom