The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Todays epistle.
Liverpool FC officially won the prem league last night.
It might mean nowt to some people but I am a life long supporter.
I really wanted my son (also a lfc supporter) to see us win it before I popped my clogs.
So...... I am slightly hung over this morning.
Been up since 0700 but am ready to go back now ^_^

Dave, you'll get on well with my neighbour, he's from Cheshire as well!

Landsurfer

Veteran
22 miles of rolling fun this morning... overcast but 25 deg c.... I will post in daily rides later ..... that was nice, longest ride since i knacked my arm a month ago .... but fun ....^_^

12boy

Guru
A decent rain last night for the first time in weeks. So nice to take the stinkiebutt out and enjoy that freshly rained smell and no watering the damned lawn today. Finally got my physical yesterday with a face to face with my new doc. Had to answer a lot of questions about depression, anxiety and homicidal rage? for the first time at a physical. Is that done routinely over there? Probably to avoid malpractice suits in case someone flips out and kills themselves or others. My stringent low carb, almost no desserts and no empty calories diet has dropped me into the pre-diabetic range instead of diabetic which is good news although I had to lose 15 lbs in 3 months. The challenge now is to quit losing weight while keeping the diabetic numbers down. BTW, stinkiebutt is an affectionate name for my elderly pooch in case you thought you meant myself. There's a shot of her doing what she does most of the time now she's 16.

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_193058.jpg
    IMG_20200101_193058.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 3

Landsurfer

Veteran
Did the supermarket run, what they call ‘the messages’ here, then a very pleasant couple of hours on the bike in the rolling Midlothian greenery. I timed it well, the welcome rain arrived shortly after. Now have my feet up, drinking tea and listening to the rain on the velux windows. Temperature much more comfortable today.
This has always baffled me ... "The Messages" ... This is what going shopping is called in Ulster as well .... My mum never went shopping, she "went to do her messages" ...... baffled of Bangor .. now resident in Rotherham ......:rolleyes:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain never came so went out for a pootle on a road I used to cycle often up Glen Bellart. All uphill for a few miles but could not bomb down again as the surface was a bit rough with a lot of dangerous potholes. Three wheels to look out for makes it more dangerous. In the picture looking down to Aros Bridge houses just on the right a little black bit is one pothole with sharp edges about six inches deep. Lethal for bike tyres and wheels.
3B576E5B-230C-407F-954E-3CAB2E72C2A2.jpeg

Exlaser2

Veteran
Afternoon all . Just back from a little walk up Bredon hill. We had a map and a google earth on a phone + all the public footpaths were way marked . You wouldn’t have thought we could miss the trail would you ? .......... twice lol. Anyway we got to the top in the end and the views and the picnic made it worth the effort. Now resting at home with a cold beer 😀😀😀

Top Bottom