The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Night Johnboy.
Night GranMa

On this morning's walk, met another expat here, from Sweden. His English is very good, and we always have a good 'ol chat about stuff. He saw the piece of plastic pipe I had, and I explained it was to ward off any less than friendly canines. He too has had issues, and like me been bitten on occasion. We then got onto poisonous snakes, monitor lizards, etc, - luckily no bites from them so far. He said he once got bitten by a rabbit - now that must take some doing :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Wee bit gloomy here. Not sure if it's going to rain or if it's just a bit of mist and low cloud that will clear. Just a walk this morning. Nearly said after my coffee, but it's after my Barleycup! :laugh: First night with no coffee during the day and no difference in sleep but it takes time to clear your system I think.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, nearly forgot to click in.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Damp and grey here with light drizzle earlier. Brightening up now.

Slept through till 6.45 for unknown reason, I was nackered last night.

We were trying to get the Monday Meander gang back together. Three have dropped out because of the weather which leaves two of us. I'm going to the meet point out of sheer devilment and to make the point we used to ride on these days and need to get going again!!!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Oh forgot to mention it looks touch and go for Blackburn to be in local lockdown. I think we are OK, Blackburn area dialling code, Preston postal code and +/-5 miles from town centre.

I'm not surprised. All the socio-economic influences and factors are there. It just needed for them to line up in a row. A couple of times during lockdown I rode through and you wouldn't have known a thong was happening.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
Warm and sunny this morning.

A little sore after going for a run yesterday, it was only about 7k but I've been nursing a hamstring /glute injury for a while so I took it really tentatively.
Just on my second cup of coffee ( sorry Mo) then it's on the turbo trainer.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🌞🏃‍♂️🚲🚶🏊

Top Bottom