The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I've been out and about, got the groceries and now relaxing with a beer.

The sprinkler is now sprinkling the veg. patch and a bit of the lawn that was reseeded the other day.
Life is sweet.

Looks very ouchy :wacko:
Yes the whole thing sounds horrible. They wear a woollen suit as underwear, including full face woollen balaclava. It’s the wool that the burrs stick to. They can’t lower their arms, hence the stick supports, and they have to keep their legs apart for obvious reasons. The whole thing takes a full day and they are obliged to down copious amounts of whisky fed to them by their retainers. And it takes place in mid August. And one can only guess at toilet arrangements. I’ve heard that it doesn’t end prettily...

12boy

Guru
We've got daytime temps going from 30C to 34C and nighttime at 13C for at least the next week with no rain and clear skies. How sweet it is. If I take off at 8 and get back at 10 from my little ride, I can use my wonderful new saddlebag to hold a jacket as it warms up. My first unsupervised foray into ordering stuff on Amazon prime resulted in me ordering the same bag twice, but my neighbor buddy likes mine so he'll take the extra off my hands. I later ordered a 500 gram tub of Marmite from Amazon and now I wonder how many of those will arrive. I bought a little 4oz jar recently at our grocery store, recalling how much I liked it 65 years ago in India, and it was good but expensive in that size. I was surprised to see it at all in a store in Wyoming. Pretty exotic stuff. Regarding Tenkays comment about being labeled elderly by the Water guy....you know you're old when you go to open a door for a lady and she smiles at you sweetly and opens the door for you.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
We've got daytime temps going from 30C to 34C and nighttime at 13C for at least the next week with no rain and clear skies. How sweet it is. If I take off at 8 and get back at 10 from my little ride, I can use my wonderful new saddlebag to hold a jacket as it warms up. My first unsupervised foray into ordering stuff on Amazon prime resulted in me ordering the same bag twice, but my neighbor buddy likes mine so he'll take the extra off my hands. I later ordered a 500 gram tub of Marmite from Amazon and now I wonder how many of those will arrive. I bought a little 4oz jar recently at our grocery store, recalling how much I liked it 65 years ago in India, and it was good but expensive in that size. I was surprised to see it at all in a store in Wyoming. Pretty exotic stuff. Regarding Tenkays comment about being labeled elderly by the Water guy....you know you're old when you go to open a door for a lady and she smiles at you sweetly and opens the door for you.
Marmite is the food of the gods.:notworthy:
It has been a bit short on supply lately. Only small jars being produced because of the lack of brewing because of Covid.
Now the brewers up up and running again stocks should soon get back to normal.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Poor excuse.
For ???

D

Deleted member 1258

Thats it, job done. Our hallway, a space roughly 3 foot by 2 foot at the bottom of the stairs, had lino down, been down for years, first layer in strips made to look like laminate flooring, it wasn't too bad to lift but left a sticky mess behind. underneath lino tiles, the sort that tended to lift not long they were laid, these had been laid onto a mixture of tile and floor leveling compound, I was having to use a heat gun and a scraper to ease up the edge and make a gap to get a spade under and chip the tile of the floor, the last few were lifted with the scraper and a hammer. Knackered now and enjoying a :cuppa: .

Top Bottom