The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Our big unit has been emptied, as has the plant stand, and the Granddaughters stuff has been moved upstairs, all I have left to do is move the furniture and lift the carpet. The plant stand is one of two made in the late 1960's by my Dad from scrap material in the factory where he worked for my Mum, after she died I brought them home, the family wanted to scrap them.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
We are having laminate fitted at the weekend and I've got to empty our through lounge, I haven't a clue where all the stuffs going to go, I'm starting this afternoon by emptying the big unit.
Our big unit housed all the Hi Fi server and all the CDs, weighs a ton.:laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
Blimey! You carpeting a hall? And I thought our through lounge was big.

It goes from lounge into dining room through double opening doors so has to be matching, I never intended to replace the carpet when I built the house as I thought we would only be here a couple of years.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Cycled down to the park with Mrs Tenkay yesterday evening to meet up with a few friends and take part in a commemorative run.
The run is 1 mile and it's in honour of Charles Bennett who won Gold in the Mile at the 1900 Olympics. He came from a little local village called Shapwick and they have a commemorative mile run every Olympic year.
I won't embarrass myself by posting my time 😔

BUT: on the way down to the Park I got a shout out from a proper roadie!
I was on "Graham" my blinged up CHPT3 Brommie, and this racing snake roadie slowed as he came past to comment and compliment me on the bike. 🚴‍♀️
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚶🏊‍♂️🌞

Top Bottom