The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning all.....According to Mo's theory I've got to do 71 miles today. Somehow I think it ain't going to happen, as I've got several more Duval's and Leff's to finish off before I start on the wine! Enjoy your day folks 🌈

Happy birthday. :bravo:

Dave7

Legendary Member
It goes from lounge into dining room through double opening doors so has to be matching, I never intended to replace the carpet when I built the house as I thought we would only be here a couple of years.
Said this before but our lounge/dining room is a similar size to yours....not as big. Lounge is 19' x 13' and the adjoining diner is approx 11' x 10'.
As you say, it hurts. But, its a good trade off as we enjoy the space.
Heating bills are also well over average :blink:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day to all retirees.
Happy birthay @GM ....have a good one.
Plans today are.......
1. Visit local butcher. Some lamb steaks for the aunty and lamb chops for us**
1a. Drop meat off at aunty's place
2. A 5 mile trip through congested Warrington to the library. Our local one is closed and they have notified MrsD she has one to pick up :sad:
3. MrsD is planning a tray bake of various veg & potato drizzled with oil and garlic. Along with this will be the lamb chops**.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. Well that's one in the eye for St. Swithin!! A touch windy though........

Happy Birthday 🎂🎉 @GM - have a good one. I won't tell Mo..🤫

Heading out on the bike at 9.00. It's going to be blowy but there will be five to do the work........if I don't go I'm making excuses which is coming from a lack of motivation. I've designed a new route which covers roads we frequently ride but joins them up quite differently and in the opposite direction from normal. Also includes a favourite local climb, Oakenclough Fell. This is the view from the top of the fell towards Nicky Nook.

https://images.app.goo.gl/DQ8LSP3u6emycNeh7

Lancashire is simply beautiful.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Another day in pikey pensioner land.^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all.....According to Mo's theory I've got to do 71 miles today. Somehow I think it ain't going to happen, as I've got several more Duval's and Leff's to finish off before I start on the wine! Enjoy your day folks 🌈
Happy Birthday. Considering I only did 22 miles this morning at 11.4mph, probably the slowest since I started cycling, I will let you off! :laugh:

Quite nice here but the south westerly wind is already picking up.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Every morning OneDrive sends me photo memories for the day which I quite enjoy. The day OneDrive choses is the upload date so these were actually taken in late June 2014

Next stop Bordeaux. It was a great trip though navigating the four miles across London from Euston to Victoria was the most frightening experience I've ever had on a bike. Ended up pushing at one point!!!!

Dave7

Legendary Member
@PaulSB
I note todays ride takes you near Nicky Nook.
Years ago.......in the 80s.....I had a customer that owned a quarry somewhere near there. I think it was called Galgate.
This guy owned a nearby lake or possibly the fishing rights to it which was called Nicky Nook.
It was a trout lake. Regulations were you must only fly fish. I had never done that so he allowed me to spin.
I caught 2 nice fish, took them home, gutted them and grilled or baked them (cant recall).
What I do recall is that they tasted fantastic.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Several bottlesof wine consumed in our caravan with our bestest mates. :cheers:
A very enjoyable evening of putting the world to rights, swearing, innuendo and general laughter.
Orf to bade now. :hello:

I am always amazed at the number of empty alcohol bottles (mainly wine) in the recycling bin of the average Campsite or CL.

Just goes to show what responsible people we campers are, recycling wisely ;)

screenman

Legendary Member
Said this before but our lounge/dining room is a similar size to yours....not as big. Lounge is 19' x 13' and the adjoining diner is approx 11' x 10'.
As you say, it hurts. But, its a good trade off as we enjoy the space.
Heating bills are also well over average :blink:

Underfloor heating keeps the bills down quite a bit, I pay a third less per month now than I did in 1988 for a previous house. Back then we were paying £150 a month.

Top Bottom