The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good day to you all. We have a bright and deliciously cool start to the day. Interesting weather forecast though - rain at 8.00am, then clear skies and 23⁰ all day, thunderstorms and heavy rain from 9.00pm and temperature of 17⁰ all night.........we shall see.

Today is going to be a doing day as there is a lot of stuff which needs doing!!! General tidying, ironing, household admin - just stuff.
A "stuff it" day then!

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all, cool and grey here.
Enough about yerssen, what about the weather?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have bimbled . It looked like it was going to rain so I cut it short by a couple of miles. The rain held off. Very hot and humid and muggy here. And with a lot of haze as well. It's supposed to be stormy by 3pm.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Large thunderstorm and cloudburst here.
Cutting through the back lanes on the way back from Barny and there was a blinding flash and an instantaneous mighty crack as lightning hit a tree in a field about 50yds in front of me. Nearly deafened both of us and made us jump out of our skins!
Long, long time since I've been that close to a lightning strike! :eek:

When I knew them they lived in Pathead but he may have retired then tho’ I remember being taken to visit the gardens. I was probably about 3 or 4 years old then. Provided houses were the norm then and it would have been too far to commute in those days so I will have to investigate further.
Wondering if you might remember Oxenfoord Castle from your time at Pathhead ? When I first moved to Edinburgh 26 years ago the gardens of the castle had for many years been run as a market garden by a local CTC member. Every year he used to host a CTC camping rally on his lawn, it was a very popular weekend and had been going strong for many years. His name was Bob, sadly no longer with us.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Another 33 degree day here.
Just hoovered the hall and stairs , in the shade and I am now dripping.
4th pint of water today going down now.

The opticians were open and made an appointment for an overdue eye test for next monday with the camera test to take pictures of the back of the eyes.
The optician asked how I could see through the lenses so a test and new lenses are on the cards.🤓

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back about half one with 55 miles on. A good morning out on the bike, very cool, cloudy and breezy first thing, I went with shorts and a long sleeved top and thought I'd got it wrong at first, I was cold first thing but after an hour the clouds started to clear and it started to warm up, as I aproached the garden centre it sarted to cloud over again and the rain started as I was locking my bike up, I was able to sit in the cafe and watch the rain come down, the sun came out after about ten minutes and that was the only rain I saw all morning. When I came out the cafe the sun was shinning and it had warmed up and I was now over dressed. I seemed to spend most of the ride home running with a tail wind, made for a very pleasant ride home.

Top Bottom