The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't bother. It's awful.
Do bother, it’s marvellous ! Although the first couple of series come with a serious horrible violence warning. Oh, and there’s lots of s*x.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day to you all. We have a bright and deliciously cool start to the day. Interesting weather forecast though - rain at 8.00am, then clear skies and 23⁰ all day, thunderstorms and heavy rain from 9.00pm and temperature of 17⁰ all night.........we shall see.

Today is going to be a doing day as there is a lot of stuff which needs doing!!! General tidying, ironing, household admin - just stuff.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all fellow retirees.
A swealtery start to the day here. It rained heavily during the night.
Off out with the dog soon before it gets too warm.
My specs have become quite misty as the coating on the lenses has been coming off over the last few months. Now they are open again I will attempt to pop in to the opticians to see if they can be salvageable or more probably get them replaced.
My sight test was due in April but obviously that didn't happen, I didn't know if they are doing tests yet anyway.
Another day in paradise peeps.👍

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all fellow retirees.
A swealtery start to the day here. It rained heavily during the night.
Off out with the dog soon before it gets too warm.
My specs have become quite misty as the coating on the lenses has been coming off over the last few months. Now they are open again I will attempt to pop in to the opticians to see if they can be salvageable or more probably get them replaced.
My sight test was due in April but obviously that didn't happen, I didn't know if they are doing tests yet anyway.
Another day in paradise peeps.👍
I had a test last week. All the standard Covid type precautions but a thorough test. As I posted, the good news(ish) is that she spotted a problem and told me I could be totally blind in a couple of years without an operation.......she is arranging that for me.

Top Bottom