The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good day all. I've had a good sleep after yesterday's 10 mile walk. Weather looks set fair for the weekend but deteriorating early next week.

Lacking motivation and enthusiasm this morning. I'm meeting two friends at 9.30 for a ride, a good thing as it forces me to get going.

So Chorley is in some form of special measures along with the rest of Lancashire except Blackpool. Sounds daft but Blackpool is a separate unitary authority and their rate is 35/100000, Chorley is 38 but much of Lancashire is close to 100. Reading FB many, many people locally are angry and don't understand. I get it, angry people don't see the bigger picture.

We will carry on as usual though after this weekend we won't be able to see our son till restrictions are lifted.

Hope things are OK in Warrington @Dave7 ?
You made it today, I notice!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice sunny morning so managed to get up in time to take the trike out. Not many miles but very nice with not a sound to be heard when I stop. Still a bit midgy so cannot hang about. Even before 0900 tourists are starting to clutter up the road tho'. Probably not get rid of them until after the October school holidays when more normal times should be ok for trike and mebbe even down Loch na Keal where I have not been for weeks. Every parking spot had a motorhome in it apart from the road being cluttered with traffic.
The holiday house owner opposite has fled from his lockdown home area and had to empty the dustbins left in the street by his tenants as they stank so much it even affected his house.
I notice the local camp site is still pretty full and looking at some of the tents styles have changed and my old Good Companions is back in fashion.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bonjour ^_^ After walking Molly, I will go on a longish ride, by that , I mean 30 miles + ( which is just a walk in the park for @Mo1959 really ) but it includes some beasty hills., so a good work out. Blue sky with a few white clouds so ideal weather.
Whilst my legs are spinning away up those hills, I will be thinking about the ebike @Drago promised me for my birthday. :laugh:
The good news is that my son is back from Taiwan now and probably suffering from jet lag for a few days so I will wait till Monday to go and see him. He is going back on October 15th for another 8 weeks but will be here for Christmas, although Christmas could be a strange celebration this year due to Covid. :sad:
See you later every body. Stay safe . :hello:
Your son will be crossing with mine who is due back from Taiwan about mid October.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Do they really think we came down in the last shower
phone call – your internet will be closed down in one hours time as your router is obsolete
press 1 to get in touch with your internet provider – yeah right with all your credit cards details …... :angry:
Sadly there are people who fall for it.
I got an email yesterday telling me my TV licence was due.......click on this link to give your credit card details :rolleyes:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just been to the local farm shop. They know me well, first name terms with me and many others. A woman stands about one metre away from me at the counter with her mask only over her mouth. "Oh well" I thought.

Serving lady says "Hello Margaret. What can I get you?"

Margaret pulls her mask down under chin, leans right across me, starts speaking and pointing. I moved back, she moved in closer!!!!

Me"Excuse me, if you're not going to wear that mask properly please stand two metres away from me." I was polite.

She got incredibly flustered and promptly walked round behind me and stood on the other side of me. Not a friggin' clue.

The lady who was serving me raised her eyebrows and smiled quietly to me.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just been to the local farm shop. They know me well, first name terms with me and many others. A woman stands about one metre away from me at the counter with her mask only over her mouth. "Oh well" I thought.

Serving lady says "Hello Margaret. What can I get you?"

Margaret pulls her mask down under chin, leans right across me, starts speaking and pointing. I moved back, she moved in closer!!!!

Me"Excuse me, if you're not going to wear that mask properly please stand two metres away from me." I was polite.

She got incredibly flustered and promptly walked round behind me and stood on the other side of me. Not a friggin' clue.

The lady who was serving me raised her eyebrows and smiled quietly to me.

How do you smile quietly as opposed to loudly? And I didn't know there was such a thing anyway:laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Strange thing I noticed on this morning's trike run. No birds of prey to be seen. There is usually at least one buzzard and various other hawks but today zilch. There were a very few small birds flitting around but even that was less than usual.
When I first came to live here every telegraph pole had a buzzard or sometimes a kestrel but they have all vanished in favour of Sea Eagles.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Strange thing I noticed on this morning's trike run. No birds of prey to be seen. There is usually at least one buzzard and various other hawks but today zilch. There were a very few small birds flitting around but even that was less than usual.
When I first came to live here every telegraph pole had a buzzard or sometimes a kestrel but they have all vanished in favour of Sea Eagles.

We get quite a few birds of Prey round here. Often buzzards sit on fence posts along the roads waiting for something to become roadkill:laugh:

We have red kites and sparrowhawk as well

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The Eagle has landed.

Nice view from the site.

Tasty sarnie at the local pub - The Far Canal - get it?
It's at the end of an old canal. Took us a while to cotton on. :laugh:

Specially for @Dave7.........

Last edited:
Top Bottom