The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
TdF question.
Has the winner been decided yet ?
Does it ever go down to the last day ?

The only time I can remember when the yellow jersey changed hands on the final day was the year it was a time trial.Figon was in yellow.Lemond won the time trial to take yellow by if memory serves me correctly by 3 secs.

I have rarely watched the final stage as the result is usually decided The only results that are likely to change are the best young rider and the green jerseys.Apart from that the final stage is just a procession.
Except for the kudos of winning the final stage in Paris

Lawn mowing day today.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think Drago is an ebike convert.:laugh:

Been for another “run”. Taking it very gradually because I always get injured, bursitis in my left hip, pulled calf muscles, achilles soreness, pain in my right sole. So this is week 3 and I’m up to 23 minutes. Starting to feel like I’m running again rather than shuffling. Touch wood, no niggles so far but I’m sure they will come, they always do. But it gives me something to do on damp mornings whilst the gym is still out of bounds.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Been for another “run”. Taking it very gradually because I always get injured, bursitis in my left hip, pulled calf muscles, achilles soreness, pain in my right sole. So this is week 3 and I’m up to 23 minutes. Starting to feel like I’m running again rather than shuffling. Touch wood, no niggles so far but I’m sure they will come, they always do. But it gives me something to do on damp mornings whilst the gym is still out of bounds.
I pretty much shuffle too these days with all my lumbar disc/sciatic problems, but I still find it gives me a good buzz so will plod on :laugh: At least it's a good way to stay fit over the winter months if the weather isn't great.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I hoping to cut the grass....... again , but it is far too wet at the moment so will leave it till later on today, probably after the TdF finishes.
@Drago, I have the same problem with my car as it doesn't get used much at the moment so it doesn't get dirty.
My daughter in law has just bought a black DS3. What a lovely looking car. I have always liked them and was going to get one for my wife but she said it was too low down to get in and out of it so she got the Nissan Juke instead.

classic33

Leg End Member
What you need is something like these
32h32h-min.jpg
Jake-OConnor-riding-a-Bomber-in-Moab.jpg

Top Bottom