The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Be quiet.....you're selling one to me! :laugh:

And me, I find myself looking everyday and everyday the amount I might spend goes up.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A pleasant though cool start to the day.
I got up for a pee and it was dark. I was shocked to see it was 0600......so dark.
This may not seem much but I made a veg casserole yesterday. For late lunch.......
I had 2 lots + chips
MrsD had half portion + chips.
1st proper meal for weeks. Add to that, she didn't sleep during the day.
Dare I hope we are turning a corner**
** this is just conversation....not seeking sympathy^_^
Coffee has been enjoyed but I have no set plans for the day. We will see.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Another sunny morning. No bike riding for me though, I have to clear the front room and then lift the carpet not only there but in the hallway, stairs and landing in readiness for the carpet fitters tomorrow.
Fortunately they are taking the old stuff away when they are finished.

Yes and no, respectively :smile:
Potentially the green jersey is still up for grabs and there have indeed been occasions when it has been decided on the last day. But Sagan appears to have conceded this year.
Edit - just remembered that the famous Lemond-Fignon duel was on the last day but that was a time trial not the road stage that is usually used.

Drago

Legendary Member
Think I'll gomfor a ride on my ebike.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another beautiful sunny morning but 6C when I got up at 7 o'clock. Could not be bothered going out as fed up with the same route all the time these days at the same time of day. Unless we get locked down again I am looking forward to getting off somewhere different to perk me up a bit.
Even the regular tourists are getting fed up with the flood of people coming here and the human excrement problem seems to be annoying them as well. They hope they go back to Benidorm next year and take their behaviour with them.

Top Bottom