The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes there is.
I just enjoyed watching Man Utd getting beaten at home by Palace ^_^^_^^_^

Football. Blehxx(

PaulSB

Legendary Member
There is sod all on tv tonight, so I am watching Kingsman on 4 more
Mrs P is watching Britain's Got Talent..................................I'm looking for the razor blades.........................

In fairness to Mrs P the daughter in law of a friend was on. She is the young woman who helped the lad in a green T-shirt and wheelchair during the performance by Sign Along With Us - that isn't a typo.

I do feel she could have turned over to something else now

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mrs P is watching Britain's Got Talent..................................I'm looking for the razor blades.........................

In fairness to Mrs P the daughter in law of a friend was on. She is the young woman who helped the lad in a green T-shirt and wheelchair during the performance by Sign Along With Us - that isn't a typo.

I have no idea who you are talking about. I havnt watched it for at least 2 years. :laugh::laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

I detest these programmes. They are obviously popular though or they wouldn’t keep making them.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Ah I seem to be in good company.................:laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning all. Still dark and I've been awake since 5.30 but hey ho.......very still outside and the sky is clear so I think we are set for a nice day.

Setting off to Haverigg, Cumbria at 8.00 for three days cycling in the Lakes with a friend. He has two statics, he and his wife in one, me in the other. Forecast for the local area is excellent for today and Monday, less so on Tuesday so a decision on Tuesday's riding is yet to be made. Should have been two others but they've cried off; one injured and the other personal matters.

I've decided to buy a gravel bike. Next job is to run this N+1 by Mrs P. She did agree in January when I wrote off my tourer but I should check. A gravel bike will fulfill three purposes; good winter bike, tourer and, obviously, gravel.

I've done perhaps 20 miles on towpaths recently. During one of these rides met a good friend who was doing a 50/55 mile loop to Manchester of which 90% off road. Plus I'd forgotten how much fun I used to have on my Marin San Rafael on towpaths and trails.

I'm finding our routes less and less interesting. We know every square inch of Lancashire, no matter how we mix it up any route is basically the same roads. We have to go further and further afield to find anything new. If I was riding solo I probably wouldn't go out. My thought is a gravel bike would open up a lot of new possibilities........I'm not taking my beautiful Cervelo along any more towpaths, she was very sad last time.

Top Bottom