The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have to hang about the house this morning waiting for a call from a GP to discuss the next move following my liver scan which seemed ok but my blood samples are not quite right so some more investigation probably.
Grey day anyway but not raining yet despite the forecast of heavy rain and a brisk southerly wind.
MV Coruisk has "technical problems" so service is in a bit of chaos. Just as well I am not travelling off today.
We must share the same GP as I have just got through that. They are doing more blood tests this week. At least they accept there is a problem.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: :cuppa: late today

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just for future reference where approximately does the path start in St Fillans and is it wide enough for a trike ie about 3ft wide?
It's mostly quite wide, bit rough here and there but there are some horrible tight hairpin bends at the St Fillans end.

From St Fillans village it's a little road called Station Road that takes you to the St Fillans end of it and it comes out on to a little quiet back road that goes to Comrie at the other end. It's not very long so not that exciting.

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 09.03.46.png

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Nice MTB bimble done. I only did Crieff to St Fillans. Didn't think the legs were up to doing to the climb up to the mast as well plus I was expecting a parcel which has just been so well timed.

Was dark when I set out and forgot to start the Garmin so missed out a couple of miles. You can see on the first pic it's still at the start screen. Lol.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It's mostly quite wide, bit rough here and there but there are so horrible tight hairpin bends at the St Fillans end.

From St Fillans village it's a little road called Station Road that takes you to the St Fillans end of it and it comes out on to a little quiet back road that goes to Comrie at the other end. It's not very long so not that exciting.

View attachment 548500
Thanks looks interesting.Never noticed that little road but usually just concentrating on passing through within the speed limits. Short is fine as I would just go there in passing on my way towards Perth.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees,
A bit late on parade today, I didn't wake up un 'till 8.30.
Nice and sunny this morning, probably the last for a while.
Out with Millie the Collie shortly and then aride around on the bike for a few essentials at the local shops.
I will fit some new handlebar tape to the tourer later finishing that off.
And then starting on one of the other bikes.
Stay safe and stay smart. :bicycle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
After a numpty ran ibto the back of my sons car and wrote it off, he still hasn't replaced it yet as he is saving money. Today was the first day he rode his bike to work. Only 3 miles but it's been years since he rode it. He said, his lungs were Not gasping. His heart was not bleeding and his legs were fine. NOT.

I told him the exercise would be good for him :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. It's dull, grey and breezy though the sun is making an effort to break through. Another good sleep though I did wake and read for an hour in the middle of the night.

A short ride to Coniston today, 40 miles and 3000 feet with a coffee stop. Then I have to go home. I don't want to as I've enjoyed the first three days of freedom in nearly 7 months.

:hello:

D

Deleted member 1258

After a numpty ran ibto the back of my sons car and wrote it off, he still hasn't replaced it yet as he is saving money. Today was the first day he rode his bike to work. Only 3 miles but it's been years since he rode it. He said, his lungs were Not gasping. His heart was not bleeding and his legs were fine. NOT.

I told him the exercise would be good for him :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had 10 years off the the bike, started cycling again in 1979, I remember the first commute, it was only 3.5 miles. our work station was based on the top floor up three flights of stairs, I barely made it upstairs after that ride.

Top Bottom