The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
True, I've been warned about that- should've said less paid work!!

Once my mother retired she always said she didn't know how she ever had found enough time to go to work. ^_^.

I always manage to find time to do sod all. :laugh:

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Finished in the garden. Unfortunately, there has been a terrible accident. In order to avoid sunburn on my smooth, shiny scalp I've been wearing a baseball cap. alas, where the adjuster fastens at the back I now have a neat-semi circular sun tan. Gggrrr.
I think we need to see photos :giggle: or it didn't happen

D

Deleted member 1258

Once my mother retired she always said she didn't know how she ever had found enough time to go to work. ^_^.

I always manage to find time to do sod all. :laugh:

A friend of mine who retired many years ago said exactly the same thing. It was strange, two friends retired at the same time, one didn't have enough hours in the day, the other one quickly got bored and went back to work, he's in his eighties now and still works part time in a local bike shop.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Tired after being up at 0415, working in 28 degrees and getting home 2 hours after I should have done... Thank Hestia I've just got one more to do this week...

Well done.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nah, the B25. Mrs D can't see it, but then she is partially sighted. I can't see it either, but then it is on the lead of my noggin. Twas George and Mildred next too who noticed it when I was chatting to them over the fence and removed my Bundeswehr flectarn camp cap to wipe my sweaty brow.

Top Bottom