The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Not been on the bike much in the past week decided to strip the Van Nic completely as its never been in bits since I built it and was in need of a bit of TLC, ordered some new chainrings 36/46 as I like this combination on the CX bike and 46/11 is still a bigger gear than 52/13 that was top as a youngster.
Just had a weekend in Liverpool with some good friends, stayed at The Adelphi (as featured in the documentary in the 90's) its past its best now and could do with refurbishment but we have stayed in worse places and it was very busy so I guess while people are using it they don't see the need to spend any money on it.
We did a lovely walk on Saturday from West Kirby to New Brighton along the coast, parts of it were also a cycle path, a group passed us from behind and about 100 yards in front of us one of them must have clipped the high kerb with a pedal, she landed on the sloping bit going towards the sea, she was OK just shook up, I didn't even see ant blood, they passed us again a short while later, so she recovered quickly
Plenty of nice pubs visited and far too much beer consumed.
Of out on the CX soon for some mostly traffic free riding in the sun.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just back from a 16 mile bimble. Very very hot here.
20180625_103701.jpg

Lee_M

Guru
1 mile walk to the hospital for my latest consultant appointment which turned into a 5 mile walk into southend and back, very nice day not spoilt by all the primary school groups on the beach, thousands of the little hi viz wearing buggers.

When did going to the beach become a lesson?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
1 mile walk to the hospital for my latest consultant appointment which turned into a 5 mile walk into southend and back, very nice day not spoilt by all the primary school groups on the beach, thousands of the little hi viz wearing buggers.

What a party pooper. ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

WoW .......if I was cycling 63 miles I'd be still out there with an over night stop :sad:

I can't ride as fast as I used to, riding time this morning was 4 hours 25 and my average was a smidge over 14mph, go back about twenty years and that average would have been close to 17 mph, and its harder work now as well. I've got two friends who are in their 70's and I can't keep up with either of them, they're usually averaging around 17.5 mph.

D

Deleted member 1258

We saw a school party on the beach at Weston Super mare last week, kids trying to eat their sandwiches and teachers trying to keep the sea gulls at bay.

Last edited by a moderator:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I can't ride as fast as I used to, riding time this morning was 4 hours 25 and my average was a smidge over 14mph, go back about twenty years and that average would have been close to 17 mph, and its harder work now as well. I've got two friends who are in their 70's and I can't keep up with either of them, they're usually averaging around 17.5 mph.
I take my helmet off to you Sir, I've never been fast on my bike. :sad:

Top Bottom