The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lovely sunny morning but 0C when I got up. Out about 0830 when it had warmed up to a massive 2C with the grass on the road verges white with frost. No wind but too cold for midges so I was able to stop and look around a bit more without getting bitten. Several cars parked as people took advantage of the nice morning and a German motorhome with a massive 4x4 parked by our water supply obviously free camping. The campsite had no tents on site, only motorhomes but plenty of space.
Picture when I came back looking up towards Loch Sunart. View attachment 549376
That looks really comfy.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That looks really comfy.
It is. A totally different experience and only slightly laid back as I am more interested in looking around than sheer speed. This model which I got second hand has very low gearing anyway which is ok for hills but limits the top speed. Disadvantages are width which is to much for most doorways and some cyclepaths. Narrow singletrack is out but motorists do seem to keep their distance better. Storage can be a problem but it fits unfolded in my car with the rear seats out. One of my better purchases after the Brompton which still goes everywhere with me.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
TBF Dirk you did allow Welshie to use it :rolleyes:.
Mods... . a bit of racism here me thinks.
Yeah.....but she's a fellow Brummie. :becool:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice walk around Dunkery Beacon this morning.

Followed by an excellent lunch at The Rest and be Thankful. :hungry:

Got to in back home tomorrow to the seaside. :sad:

Top Bottom