The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Could have been worse Mo......it could have stung your pussy........ and that would have upset you
Speaking of wasp-stung genitals...

Okay, if we are doing unexpected pains in the delicate bits today... :ohmy:

I was out riding a few summers back when a wasp flew down the front of my jersey. I leapt off my bike and starting slapping my chest and and tummy regions in the desperate hope of killing it before it stung me.

When I stopped, I could feel a little lump under my jersey and concluded that I'd despatched the wasp so I lifted the jersey to brush its corpse away, only for the stunned creature to wake up and start buzzing in a very intimidating fashion! :ohmy:

I panicked and tried to swat it off me, but only succeeded in knocking it down the front of my bibshorts! I experienced a sense of full-on terror and started leaping up and down, pummelling my nether regions and screaming "Die, bastard, DIE!"

The wasp stung me 3 times where it really hurts before I finally managed to flatten it. I don't know what was worse - the throbbing pain down under, or the embarrassment of looking up and seeing a gobsmacked farmer staring at me from the cab of his tractor in the adjacent field! :biggrin: :blush: :sad:
:laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkay and I took Jennifer and Graham out for a short bimble in the Sun. Bit chilly with a North wind blowing but glorious sunshine.
Popped into Aldi via the RNLI and the Quay.

IMG_0016-01.jpeg

IMG_0021-01.jpeg

Aldi were selling bike bits, she came out with some decent looking waterproof overtrousers, some clip on lights, and a can of GT85 😁

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We don't have an Aldi yet, but we will have soon. Work has continued on the construction of a new store through lockdown and it looks like it will be finished well before Christmas.

The population of Todmorden and its surrounding villages is only about 15,000 and we already have a Lidl and a Morrisons. It surprises me that the company thinks there will be enough trade for another big supermarket store. I suppose that they like to compete with Lidl, and I won't complain since it is nearer for me and a very similar type of shop to Lidl.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mrs Tenkay and I took Jennifer and Graham out for a short bimble in the Sun. Bit chilly with a North wind blowing but glorious sunshine.
Popped into Aldi via the RNLI and the Quay.

View attachment 549412

View attachment 549413

Aldi were selling bike bits, she came out with some decent looking waterproof overtrousers, some clip on lights, and a can of GT85 😁
I got some of those lights but from Decathlon. They are very good.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We don't have an Aldi yet, but we will have soon. Work has continued on the construction of a new store through lockdown and it looks like it will be finished well before Christmas.

The population of Todmorden and its surrounding villages is only about 15,000 and we already have a Lidl and a Morrisons. It surprises me that the company thinks there will be enough trade for another big supermarket store. I suppose that they like to compete with Lidl, and I won't complain since it is nearer for me and a very similar type of shop to Lidl.
Aldi is very good if you are selective. We try to avoid their fruit and veg as it does'nt last very well. Fine if you plan to use it quickly or freeze it though.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have tried that type of company 3 times. Each time they have looked at the damage and said "no".
The damage didn't look bad to me but I admit to knowing nowt about it.
If I recall correctly, many years ago we pulled dents out with rubber suckers:rolleyes:

You tried the wrong company, mind you us guys can cherry pick, or some do I do this for fun now and take on most jobs, I should put some before and afters up. Suckers certainly may work to pull out some of a large dent, something like a half a golfball sized dents would take upwards of 300 pushes all in the right place but each one in adifferent place to shrink the metal back to unnoticeable. Now the hail damaged roof I did last week only had about 65 dents in it, that made the arms ache as I had done a mile in the pool before starting it.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Two summers ago we were walking down a narrow footpath, a metre wide, with a barbed wire fence on each side. I was perhaps 30 metres ahead of my wife and friend. A jogger ran by me in the other direction.

The next thing my wife and friend saw was me running, throw off my cap, then rucksack followed by my T-Shirt. I continued to run in nothing but shorts and boots.

All I knew was I was being repeatedly stung by things I couldn't see. The flight instinct kicked in. My wife later counted 43 wasp stings on my back, neck and chest!!

We think the jogger disturbed a wasp nest and I walked in to the angry swarm in full on attack mode.

Top Bottom