The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Same here.MrsP is thinking’s about going for a walk Checking on Amazon to see how quickly they can delver flippers and wet suit:hyper:

That would be Aldi or Lidl centre isle stuff.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning all. My wife got up early to put up balloons and banners for my special day but , unfortunately, it will only be me and Mrs G to enjoy it. I have had loads of messages and cards from the family and can't wait to all get together again. Zoom tonight.
The children pooled together and bought me a Garmin watch, one of those that does your heart rate and loads of other things. I will study the instructions later and then wait for the weather to improve before I can try it out. I also had two beautiful blown up pictures of Molly on canvas from my wife and a 2000 pieces jigsaw of Molly from my son. I have really been spoiled and am so grateful to have such a caring and loving family.
Very wet day today.
I have heard that we will all be on strict lockdown next week. In France, they can only go out within 1km of their home or 10 minutes.
Stay safe everyone.:hello:

pawl

Legendary Member
Good day fellow retirees. Blowing a hoolie outside but snug and warm in. Torrential rain forecast for 11.00. This may do a lot of damage. Went for a local walk yesterday, in lots of places Tuesday's downpours have washed away farm tracks, drives etc. gouging out channels 12" wide and 12-18" deep in places.

I'm going to disappear for the day. I've read remarks elsewhere which make me cross to say the least. I need to button it.

Stay safe and behave :laugh:

I have never had a rant on CC but what the report on Itv midlands re Nottingham moving to level three of what had been identified as students dancing in streets no social distancing or face coverings
as pre lockdown fling made my blood boil.Itv attempted to get a response from the university and students union but non forthcoming

I feel so sorry for my ex N H S and Social Services colleges who are fighting to control the spread of the virus because of the actions of certain members of public in general are not willing to follow the rules and feel it is an over reaction

Sorry rant done

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning all. My wife got up early to put up balloons and banners for my special day but , unfortunately, it will only be me and Mrs G to enjoy it. I have had loads of messages and cards from the family and can't wait to all get together again. Zoom tonight.
The children pooled together and bought me a Garmin watch, one of those that does your heart rate and loads of other things. I will study the instructions later and then wait for the weather to improve before I can try it out. I also had two beautiful blown up pictures of Molly on canvas from my wife and a 2000 pieces jigsaw of Molly from my son. I have really been spoiled and am so grateful to have such a caring and loving family.
Very wet day today.
I have heard that we will all be on strict lockdown next week. In France, they can only go out within 1km of their home or 10 minutes.

:birthday: :cheers: Happy Birthday.

screenman

Legendary Member
Very wet day today.

Have a great day, the Garmin is a nice bit of kit I am seldom without mine on.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have never had a rant on CC but what the report on Itv midlands re Nottingham moving to level three of what had been identified as students dancing in streets no social distancing or face coverings
as pre lockdown fling made my blood boil.Itv attempted to get a response from the university and students union but non forthcoming

I feel so sorry for my ex N H S and Social Services colleges who are fighting to control the spread of the virus because of the actions of certain members of public in general are not willing to follow the rules and feel it is an over reaction

Sorry rant done

You are allowed one rant a year..

screenman

Legendary Member
I did exactly the same in all weathers.Three miles down the canal towpath to deliver to the two lock cottages Same distance back to complete the rest of my round.

I was a milkman for 6 months back in the dark ages, one very bad day I had to have two milk floats brought out to me as the first, one broke down as did the second one. The third let me finish the round 6 hours later than normal.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Very wet day today.

Happy Birthday. Have a great day.:birthday:.

Top Bottom