The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
No bloomers ??

I do take them off bow and again. But my PJ's are just as big as my bloomers :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
That's one of the reasons we are thinking of selling up and renting instead.
We'd have free choice of where to live and the ability to move on anytime we wished.
Money is no use to you if it is tied up in property and you've no one to leave it to.
You could rent a very nice place for a long time with 400k...........;)
Yes, I see the logic and I do from time to time think we could downsize and free up cash. Then I think why? Five of our closest friends live within 30 metres of the front door. We're in a community and at 66 I don't want to lose this.

A few years ago we had the chance to buy next door but one, gut it, renovate and then sell ours. Eventually we decided against this as the finances didn't quite work. There was only a £25k buffer between the total cost and the value of our house.

Today I'm so pleased we didn't do this as this is our and our kids home. T'other place would have been a house.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day fellow retirees. Blowing a hoolie outside but snug and warm in. Torrential rain forecast for 11.00. This may do a lot of damage. Went for a local walk yesterday, in lots of places Tuesday's downpours have washed away farm tracks, drives etc. gouging out channels 12" wide and 12-18" deep in places.

I'm going to disappear for the day. I've read remarks elsewhere which make me cross to say the least. I need to button it.

Stay safe and behave :laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good day fellow retirees. Blowing a hoolie outside but snug and warm in. Torrential rain forecast for 11.00. This may do a lot of damage. Went for a local walk yesterday, in lots of places Tuesday's downpours have washed away farm tracks, drives etc. gouging out channels 12" wide and 12-18" deep in places.

I'm going to disappear for the day. I've read remarks elsewhere which make me cross to say the least. I need to button it.

Just stay here. We can take the p*** out of you all day.:laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member

Paul, always remember, opinions are like ars**oles.......everyone has one but sometimes they are full of sh*t.
Chill bro and enjoy your day.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Paul, always remember, opinions are like ars**oles.......everyone has one but sometimes they are full of sh*t.
Chill bro and enjoy your day.
You from da hood bra? :becool:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
Just got back from having my first Flu jab. Very impressed with the organisation, walk in, temperature scan by First Lady, gel squirted on hands by second lady and directed to one of six tables. Give name and D.O.B. and asked if I have ever smoked. Quick jab and out, I almost didn't need to break stride!
Met Mrs Tenkay heading up the hill for her appointment and fed her the line " I only felt a small prick" All I got was a raised eyebrow.
It's only been 20 minutes and I'm already starting to feel a reaction as I feel fuzzy with a slight headache which is totally unrelated to the five pints of Oatmeal Stout I consumed last night.
Porridge is on the go, coffee is brewing,
Have a lovely peaceful day folks

Top Bottom