The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We've looked into that, but it's not for us.
Too many restrictions and limitations. ;)
Scary really.
You could "sell" it to one company with all the agreements in place but apparently there is nothing to prevent them "selling" it to a 3rd party with different agreements that you have no control over.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Night night every one. All this talk of retiring and money has made me very reflective. I have to say I am very careful with money. Probably because my dad wasn’t. He spend the last decades of his life living beyond his means on credit cards. . By the time I had to step in because of his memory loss, he was living off the state pension and owed £50,000 pounds to 8 credit card companies which meant the minimum interest payments were more than the total money he had coming in . Luckily I managed to sort it out before he died ( thank god for citizens advice ) , which means my mum has at least has lived to 86 in a semi comfortable retirement .
I only bring this up as a warning, to anyone thinking of retiring early . Please please make sure you have done all the correct calculations. Self delusion at this point only brings pain to your family going forward.
Ex I fully agree with you.
Me and MrsD were both brought up to believe DO NOT go into debt. If you can't afford it then do without.
I still recall my Mums words as we were planning our marriage........if you have no money get a couple of orange boxes to sit on. Wise words imo.

Good morning and, for later, Happy Samhain !
47809677-66A1-4A54-B1B4-3E379A82F215.jpeg

From the NTS Margaret Fay Shaw collection, South Uist, 1930’s.
https://www.nts.org.uk/stories/a-hebridean-halloween

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morrow folk.
Up early at 05 30. Enjoyed my coffee while listening to S.O.T S and catching up on last nights comments......its a good start to the day
MrsD comes down around 0800 and one of her 1st questions is "ok, what are Mo and Welshie up to"?
A mixed day is promised weather wise.
May seem strange but if the weather is crap at the weekend I can enjoy chilling out and watching sport on tv.
I have NO PLANS to do any jobs.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morrow folk.
Up early at 05 30. Enjoyed my coffee while listening to S.O.T S and catching up on last nights comments......its a good start to the day
MrsD comes down around 0800 and one of her 1st questions is "ok, what are Mo and Welshie up to"?
A mixed day is promised weather wise.
May seem strange but if the weather is crap at the weekend I can enjoy chilling out and watching sport on tv.
I have NO PLANS to do any jobs.

Welshie is sitting here in my PJ's having a coffee and listening to the rain. I am contemplating making a cake today but we shall see.

Top Bottom