The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Don't you start.......I was just complaining yesterday about the modern habit of starting every sentence with So! Does my head in. Lol.

Don't know if you ever watch Pointless but it goes something like this when Alexander Armstrong introduces each contestant.

Welcome to the show, and what do you do for a living. "So, I'm an accountant". And what do you like to do in your spare time? "So, I like to read, watch films, etc".

Doesn't make a bleeding bit of sense to me.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Don't you start.......I was just complaining yesterday about the modern habit of starting every sentence with So! Does my head in. Lol.

Don't know if you ever watch Pointless but it goes something like this when Alexander Armstrong introduces each contestant.

Welcome to the show, and what do you do for a living. "So, I'm an accountant". And what do you like to do in your spare time? "So, I like to read, watch films, etc".

Doesn't make a bleeding bit of sense to me.
Don't dis ma homie Alex.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all.
The sky is a strange colour at the moment, grey, tinged with a bit of pink. The rain hasn't arrived yet, but the wind is getting up.
The question is what to do today? There are only so many domestic jobs you can do on a day like this.🙄 There may be a very short ride to the local shops for a few bits and pieces.
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all.
The sky is a strange colour at the moment, grey, tinged with a bit of pink. The rain hasn't arrived yet, but the wind is getting up.
The question is what to do today? There are only so many domestic jobs you can do on a day like this.🙄 There may be a very short ride to the local shops for a few bits and pieces.
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:
You could watch Wales no doubt thrash Scotland at rugby this afternoon. :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wakened at about 4 o'clock this morning with a roaring noise outside. The threatened gales have arrived and rain is battering the windows.
I wonder how many of those free camping beside Loch na Keal are now pondering the wisdom of that decision. I certainly would not like to be anywhere exposed with my motorhome in this.
Once with our old style Sprite Alpine caravan we spent most of the night awake wondering when we were going to overturn. I tied the caravan and car together to give a bit more stability and we did survive but others were not so lucky.
Fortunately coal merchant arrived yesterday with half my order as I only had one day's supply left. He must have ben pushed for time as he did not stop to take any money either which reminds me there is over £100 lying out on my bunker. It has been there for a few weeks now with a lead diving weight on top so it should be ok inside a sealed jar with a box to cover it.

monkers

Veteran
Monkers, I like having ladies on this thing and I'm most pleased you are one of them. I enjoy hearing the women's point of view and maybe having your female presence makes the rest of us more south. OK....so nothing will make us more couth, but I still appreciate your presence and the way you can express a little Rabelasain wit in your refined ladylike way.
'I've only just seen this - bless you. You are perhaps too generous but I'd much prefer generosity of this spirit to what we might read in other places these days.

Tenkaykev

Guru
All these comments about "Da Hood" and "Homies" has reminded me of an occasion back in the 70's
I used to work a late shift on a Thursday, the place I worked was just on the edge of Birmingham city centre so there were lots of pubs and clubs and even a brand new concept at the time of a "Wine Bar" !
A few of us would go for drinks at the end of the shift and make it our "Boys night out"

On one occasion the pubs had chucked out at 10:30 as usual and one of the lads who I got on with really well said he could get me into a Club he knew if I fancied another drink. His name was Terry, he was a 6'4" West Indian with the build of a Rugby player and a true "Gentle Giant" I took him up on his offer and ended up at a place in the back streets, just a doorway with a couple of big lads on the door. Terry had a word with the guys on the door and we were let in. It was really atmospheric, a small bar and a small dance floor with very loud reggae playing. I looked round and realised that I was the only white person in the place. We walked to the crowded bar and Terry got us both a bottle of Guinness. I was getting a couple of "funny" looks, not threatening but sort of " Who's this bloke and what's he doing here" Terry was obviously well known at the place and as we stood at the crowded bar he announced in his lovely rich accent "This Ja Kev, he cool"
I had a great time and even got up on the dance floor a couple of times.
When I recounted my story to the lads at work the next day they were quite impressed, and my nickname for several months afterwards became "Ja Kev" :becool:

Just come on here
Checked weather - rain but not heavy - enough wind to bring down loads of leaves - which in inevitable as I blew them all off yesterday!
According to the Met Office it will be kinda OK this afternoon - might go for a ride then - in the meantime there is F1 practice at Imola then Qualy - and I am several days behind with the Vuelta
But wife will want CNN on when she gets down - she will allow F1 - but cycling is just too much for her - I must love her or something!!!!

Top Bottom