The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Gosh, first at 6.05am. Good morning. I've been awake for an hour and had coffee. It looks wet outside and the forecast is biblical.

I said to Mrs P I would start clearing out and cleaning the garage prior to repainting. She suggested winter with damp cold weather might be a bad time to paint. Research is needed.

So I have bugger all to do today. I'll probably finish sorting out passwords. Everything is securely stored in my password manager but I know quite a few are rather similar and need changing. Also need to have another sweep through Google to clear out stuff it's stored to make my life simpler! :blink:

I often paint mine in the winter, just takes a bit longer to dry, it is well sealed and I have heating if needed.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
What possessed me to have an early bimble. The forecast was only a degree above freezing but supposed to be dry until later. Just set off and a steady drizzle came on and I was terrified it would turn to ice with it being so cold so just a very short and careful 13 miles. Fingers were sore when I got back into the warmth when the feeling was returning. I won't be in a hurry to do that again.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning from a frosty Barnet.
Dog walking soon and then all the usual things to do.
I will get out on the bike later for a while.
MrsP is going to cook a low calorie lasagne for tea tonight, all part of the weight watchers recipes she has decided to try .
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

Drago

Legendary Member
Jack Frost has paid a serious overnight visit to Poshshire.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
All this talk of weight has reminded me that I do need to shed a few kg.
I have a sweet tooth and love cake 😀 which is my only weakness 😉
It helps to have a goal to work towards, but the lack of running events has found me drifting without focus. In the distant mists of time I managed to get down to under 9 stone ( I’m 5'10") but that was during a short spell of running 100 + miles per week in training.
I do get inspiration from reading of fellow forumites exploits, especially " Marvellous Mo" up before the Lark and out the door in all weathers.
I’m off out for a walk before the promised rain arrives,
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏊

D

Deleted member 1258

This came up on my memories on my facebook page,

"They thought it might be all over, it will be by Christmas, in three week time I'll be 64 and only twelve months till I officially retire. This morning I dropped my notice on the gaffers desk, I'm Finishing early, the Friday before Christmas"

coming up to five years since I retired, the best thing I've done.

Top Bottom