The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

:eek:
The difference between proper runners and the rest of us !
(I’m 5 ft 6 and struggle to get under 10 st :sad:)

You're the same height as me, I'd have trouble getting down to 10 stone, and if I got that light I'd struggle to stay down there, I did it once, scared the crap out of the family, I looked ill.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Trying to book flights with Ryanair, they certainly do their best to make it extremely complicated.

Yes, agreed.

We seldom fly now, but, I used to get the job of booking flights for youngest daughter, thankfully, she has taken this task on herself now, with her new Samsung Tablet.

Another website which I find complicated and totally none intuitive is Moonpig.

Dave7

Legendary Member
If the dieting is required by way of medical necessity, then l would certainly say make a significant and concious effort.

Dieting does have the ability to make one miserable though, then I think self-knowledge is as important as any other aspect. Whenever I need to lose weight, I don't give myself the stress of targets. If I'm losing weight then I'm winning.

I just consciously eat a bit less, move a bit more, avoid the aisles with the goodies in, and never shop or make a shopping list while hungry. I have trained my inner voice to intervene whenever I weaken to say, 'no Monkers, that's weakness'.

I don't tell others that I intend to lose weight as I don't relish others asking if I'm hitting those targets, being eyed up and down before being given the dubious benefit of their opinions.

But we are all different and what may work for me may be the opposite to what works for others. We are all physiologically and psychologically different.
Monkers, you use too many big, nasty words for me :sad:.
Even in the last paragraph you used the words "work" and "works".
Makes me feel quite ill :wacko:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Well, my lock down diet seems to be working well.:okay:
Started it last Thursday after a scary experience on the scales.
I have lost 4.5lbs since then.
Going to carry on for another week, or two, and get down to 13st which was always my fighting weight.
I've been very good - cutting it down to 1500 calories a day (which I find very easy to do, much to MrsDs dismay).
I have always been able to do this - must have good willpower. ;)
No bread, chocolate, biscuits, cake or snacks; smaller portion sizes and no booze ( apart from allowing myself a pint of beer on Friday and another on Sunday).
I allow myself Fish & Chips on a Friday as a special treat and a Sunday roast.
Am I the only one who finds dieting easy?

All this, and lock down too.... you must have good will power! ;)

Dave7

Legendary Member
No, they were dumped.
I've seen it myself on Saunton Sands; people buy them from the beach shop, use them for a day, then just leave them behind.
Can't have a salty surfboard making a mess in their new Jaguar ePace can we? Besides, there simply isn't any more room at their apartment to store one. :dry:
And no, I'm not joking, I actually heard someone saying this on the beach car park the other year.
They do the same thing with beach shelters; you've only got to look at the tents left behind at Glastonbury, to get an idea of how people think.
I can "sort of" understand some of that. We have bought things on holiday that we didn't want to take home. We have then actively looked for a family to give the item to.
No excuse but some people just leave them assuming others can make use of them.
Your photos show that it is false logic and sadly doesn't work.

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all... Been absent all week, trust you're all well. Been a strange week, I've only gone and got a blooming Hernia, waiting for an appointment for a scan and take it from there. One of the pleasures of getting old I suppose!

Meanwhile while I'm waiting for our Asda delivery I've about 50 pages to catch up on. :smile:

Have a good day folks! 🌈

Dave7

Legendary Member
Private Dave reporting for parade.
Like Dave r I woke early, went back to sleep and woke again at 07.20.
In today's news...........
Warrington Covid rates for the last 7 days have dropped from 965 to 600.
My view may not be popular but I think this lock down needs to be extended. I know........I (and otheroldies) can afford to isolate while it will be very difficult for others** but I can see it coming back to seriously bite us on the a*se.
**my granddaughter is 17 and really struggling with it mentally.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all... Been absent all week, trust you're all well. Been a strange week, I've only gone and got a blooming Hernia, waiting for an appointment for a scan and take it from there. One of the pleasures of getting old I suppose!

Meanwhile while I'm waiting for our Asda delivery I've about 50 pages to catch up on. :smile:

Have a good day folks! 🌈
Can happen to anyone GM.....at any age.
I had a double hernia op in my 40s. Granddaughter has had one since being a baby....... they are waiting for the right time to operate.
Where abouts is yours? Mine were in both groins.

Top Bottom