The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning world. Forecast is decent and I think like yesterday we'll get a lot of sun, can just see it peeking through light cloud. Slept till 7.00am - that's four proper sleeps in a row. :ohmy:

Nothing on the agenda at all but have a lot of very minor things on my Task List so it'll be a morning of laptop stuff. Possibly allotment pottering this afternoon.

Yesterday I found 3 double glazed toughened glass panels in a skip outside next door. Neighbour is having a new porch fitted. Chatting to the installer he told me the new roof panels were the wrong size. Wandered past the skip as I got home from my ride and said panels are in the skip!!!

These have been liberated and will be the top of a new cold frame on the allotment. Magic. 😀

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning all, its a bit :cold::cold::cold: out there this morning.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,
A pleasant 5K run with my daughter last night whilst Mrs Tenkay put the Pizzas in the oven and cooked chips and prepared a salad. A friend has been given a load of garlic for planting and he’ll be dropping some of later today.
Have a peaceful day folks 🏊🏃‍♀️🚴‍♂️

Good morning all, another day of nothing awaits. Some days I cope with this better than others.
No frost here.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Slow to get going today.
I am in day 2 of self isolation but have a minor problem. The auntie has just been transferred into respite but has no clothes.
MrsD has to take some but has never driven my car AND tbh is not well enough for a 20 mile trip.
Which leaves me to drive while a) MrsD collects clothes from aunties flat then b) delivers them to the respite home.
Think I will have to bend this rule :wacko:

Top Bottom