The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Just a bit too windy to enjoy a bike ride, 36 mph with 55 mph gusts. So I can.....
Go through the 20 or so envelopes of my wife's medical correspondence so they can be filed and any bills paid.
Having bought and installed $143 of gravel grinder tires for my Surly steamroller in single speed mode, I can put them back on and then put studded snows on the Sturmey Archer 3 speed set so as to be able to ride it in light snow and ice.
Found a Bianchi Nyala mtn bike frame at the give-a-way place at the balefill where I took a truckload of branches etc for their composting operation. All Tange chromo and lugged so it might be worth rebuilding into a winter beater.
A little stretching and core work will be nice. I'll take the Aged Dog out but may be limited to sheltered alleys...since she weighs 12 pounds and the wind is strong I don't want her flying on the leash like a kite.
Get enough of the drudgery out of the way and with the milder breezes promised for tomorrow a longer bike ride on those new gravel tires should be possible. A few tasty little gravelly bits are available, too.
Dave 7, hopefully your swabbery will go well. Be good to know to finally know what is or is not troubling you, buena suerte.
Be well and safe, and please, drive better than me.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'd to do that myself, you get a nurse!
Surprising just how far up your "conk" the swab can go.
Exactly why I would prefer a nurse to do it. If I did it I think it would be half hearted.
They are clever though...... the nurse who did it was topless. So when I ducked my head for a better look she shoved the swab up :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It’s actually been nice enough for a spin but the cycling mojo is inclined to disappear at this time of year. I better head out for a walk at least.
I know how you feel. I was going to go for a ride today but chicken out by finding other things to do.:blush:
Not good really as my fitness level was on the up. :whistle:
There is always tomorrow or might go on the turbo for 30 minutes later. :rolleyes:
Got my wheel back for the Allez so should be a good reason to try it out really. :tongue:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Maradona has died aged 60. Not exactly a paragon of virtue of healthy living, but 60 is not old at all.

D

Deleted member 1258

Today started with a little too much excitement, I was at the computer first thing and heard a thump from upstairs, my Good lady had fallen on the landing, fortunately without doing herself any damage, and in a position where I could help here up. My Sister In Law wasn't so lucky at the weekend, she tripped in town and broke her wrist, I took her over the hospital for her appointment today, my Brother In Law doesn't own a car so I saved them a trip on the bus. I had a walk this afternoon, apart from that I haven't done much.

Top Bottom