The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yep, three households meeting??? Absoloutely crazy. January spike? Watch this space.

We're discussing if we should do this or not. Leaning towards not at the moment.
Not sure how that is supposed to work.
Our daughter and SiL have 2 lads and a daughter.
The 2 lads recently moved into their own (seperate) places.
They are all getting together at christmas.
Does that now constitute 3 households ?
They have, TBH, carefully followed the rules.

screenman

Legendary Member
Not raining yet but showers forecast.
Got to wait in anyway for a couple of parcels if the carrier has bothered to put them in the van. A new side bag for the trike as the old cheapo one from Lidl is getting a bit saggy and is not going to last much longer. A bit like myself I think as this confinement to my immediate neighbourhood is getting me down. Last Christmas I had a lovely run in sunny weather up Loch Etive and posted a picture on here somewhere.
If we get a vaccine in December as hoped for I should be in the first batch done. Could kill me of course but I will take my chances.

Let us know if it does, as I will be a couple of months behind you before the needle goes in.

screenman

Legendary Member

I see that as 3 households, if you have 3 kids that have moved out separately they cannot all come back is how I read the rules, so the same applies.

pawl

Legendary Member
I had been in all day working on the trusty laptop so I thought I'd nip out for a short ride this evening to get some fresh air and to see if there were any Metros left at the station. I set off on my little 4 km hilly loop on my singlespeed bike and was just grovelling up to the top of the first hill when I heard a whirring noise coming from the darkness ahead. Suddenly a teenager on a bike appeared, wearing black, no lights, riding no hands, downhill, on a damp road with a potholed surface... What could possibly go wrong! :wacko::whistle:

It’s odd that some motorists can see and complain about cyclists with no lights and dark clothing yet if they happen to knock a cyclist off in broad daylight,they trot out the old excuse Sorry mate I didn’t see you.Perhaps they have exceptional night vision :becool::becool:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning all. Busy day today, I will collect my prescription from the chemist this afternoon, get my wheel back for the Allez and ...........................................that's it.
I put the new window in my shed yesterday and it looks very nice. Just a bit a painting to do round the frame now.
Might go for a ride if the mood takes me later.
:hello::hello:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I see that as 3 households, if you have 3 kids that have moved out separately they cannot all come back is how I read the rules, so the same applies.
Yes.....thats how I see it.
Before the rule was announced and it looked like it could be a 'free for all' they invited us but we declined.
The same problem must apply to many people but..........
●number one son has a partner that teaches in a school.
●number two son is 21 with plenty of mates, plus he works in an office.

How can they possibly ensure they are not bringing Covid into the house ?

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Sorry to be a party pooper, but isn't that 4 households (including yours), my impression was 3 households could meet which as you are one, you could meet 2 others. Again, it's all as clear as mud.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Let us know if it does, as I will be a couple of months behind you before the needle goes in.
May sound funny but my son who died got an email saying "Dear Alistair, sorry to hear you died ". This came in on his laptop a few days after he died. No idea whether he got it or not but the sender did get a reply tho' not from him.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I had been in all day working on the trusty laptop so I thought I'd nip out for a short ride this evening to get some fresh air and to see if there were any Metros left at the station. I set off on my little 4 km hilly loop on my singlespeed bike and was just grovelling up to the top of the first hill when I heard a whirring noise coming from the darkness ahead. Suddenly a teenager on a bike appeared, wearing black, no lights, riding no hands, downhill, on a damp road with a potholed surface... What could possibly go wrong! :wacko::whistle:
Well if the worst happens at that age its unlikely he’s had chance to contribute to the gene pool. I know to much time reading Drago’s view of the world . When I have made those comments in Mrs J K’s presence I get a painful thump.

Having spent quite a while working in school either as a teacher or IT technician I think you should be worried about the assumption that a young idiot will not further pollute the gene pool
Generally the ones that seem to be most likely to lower the quality of the gene pool are the ones that seem keenest on continuing their genes - although I'm not sure they understand any of those concepts

classic33

Leg End Member
A quick hello and then I am off for my Covid swab. Life is just one pleasure after another at the moment :rolleyes:.
And is piddling down which is not in the forecast. A bit of a problem as I have to sit in the car with the window open while the nurse shoves swabs were I don't want them shoved.......she will get wet.
You are going to the correct testing centre!!
Or has the way the test is being done been changed that much.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You are going to the correct testing centre!!
Or has the way the test is being done been changed that much.
I was assigned to one at Runcorn Halton hospital.
Bit of a pain as its a good 15-20 mile round trip and the signage is atrocious.
The actual camera which USED to be at Halton has now been switched to The Spire (private hospital) ..... except last week they tried to switch to Warrington Hospital where they had 11 Covid deaths that week. So I declined that kind offer.
Confused ????
So am I.

Top Bottom