The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Still hanging about waiting for my parcels. Hermes says it is with my courier and will be delivered today. This probably means it is lying about in Menzies depot in Oban. They sacked all their regular drivers and employed new ones who do not know their way around yet. Nobody seems to know why but there are constant complaints about late delivery, or delivered somewhere other than the address on the parcel. Royal Mail is no problem He just opens the door and leaves any parcels inside.
There are other couriers but no idea who they sub contract to. Lightning Stevenson just chucks the parcel in and by the time you get to the door he is a couple of hundred yards away. A descendent of the lighthouse building Stevensons.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Sadly no railcard extension. I checked a few weeks ago and they’d issued a wordy statement that basically said “tough”
Mine expired two weeks ago, I’ll get a new one once things are back to normal-ish and I can visit family again

well I dug out my railcard and see that it’s still valid for a few more days. The plastic film that covers the card had started to fray at the edges where I put it in and take it out of my wallet. It was annoying me so I started to pick at it with my fingernail with the objective of peeling the film off. It was only when I reached the ”Valid Until” bit that I realised the printing was on the film 😳 A hasty bodge with Scotch Tape and it’s as good to new 😉

classic33

Leg End Member
I was assigned to one at Runcorn Halton hospital.
Bit of a pain as its a good 15-20 mile round trip and the signage is atrocious.
The actual camera which USED to be at Halton has now been switched to The Spire (private hospital) ..... except last week they tried to switch to Warrington Hospital where they had 11 Covid deaths that week. So I declined that kind offer.
Confused ????
So am I.
Makes perfect sense.
However, I was referring more to where the nurse would be putting the swabs, whilst you were sat in the car.
An image floated in my minds eye that I can't get rid off.

classic33

Leg End Member
It was the final of the Great British Bake Off last night, something we like to watch.

One of the contestants had a total disaster with her custard slices. She gave up, walked over to the freezer opened the door and stuck her head in.

It was quite amusing at the time, if one was watching! :blink: Sorry. :sad:
So much for basic hygiene measures.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Yep.....just googling and I see the cadence thing getting mentioned. That would make sense as it would tie in with what my cadence normally sits at. I have a chest strap I could use but don't often bother. Might give it a try to compare.

I’ve still got a couple of straps in a drawer, ( along with an old moulded Polar HRM strap from ages ago)
I used the Garmin strap a few months back when I did a Max HR test. My true max hr was quite a bit lower than the predicted rate and plugging in the correct data into Garmin Connect altered my training profile to something more realistic and achievable.

Top Bottom