The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
-9C at the moment, 8am,but it will get to 4C by 2pm. Very little wind so I will be off on a ride by 10. Another good day for my SS bike. I am finding my windy winter rides are a lot more work and slower than the same rides in shorts and a t-shirt. Other treats include loading up the truck for the last trip to the balefill compost operation and maybe replacing the light socket and/or switch for the range hood. Maybe Mrs 12 will feel up to a dog walk this afternoon. The dog doesn't get a choice as she needs to maintain her mobility in spite of her arthritis. Much like some of us.
Congrats on your 40 PaulSB, and I hope you enjoy many more. It will be 44 for us in July....where does the time go?
Be careful, safe and content.
Did it warm up then!

12boy

Guru
Got up to 2C during the ride and later to 4C.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow wheezers.
It's dark, damp, and cool outside.
Dog walking soon and then some domestics to be done.
Yesterday I found a slightly better deal for my mobile with Virgin. It's now 3GB which rolls over each month with the unused data being added, plus unlimited calls and texts for only £6 a month. I just saved an incredible £1.16 a month :hyper:for more.:laugh:
Us pensioners have to watch the pennies.;)
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

screenman

Legendary Member
Good morning all fellow wheezers.
It's dark, damp, and cool outside.
Dog walking soon and then some domestics to be done.
Yesterday I found a slightly better deal for my mobile with Virgin. It's now 3GB which rolls over each month with the unused data being added, plus unlimited calls and texts for only £6 a month. I just saved an incredible £1.16 a month :hyper:for more.:laugh:
Us pensioners have to watch the pennies.;)
Stay safe everyone :cuppa:

That is about the same as I pay bt for 4g never have reached the limits of data etc and I Use it a lot.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning everyone. 'Tis grey, misty and damp outside, snug and warm inside! Excellent.

Thank you all for the good wishes, much appreciated by us both. The video party worked well, my kids excelled themselves by arranging for a Fortnum & Mason hamper to be delivered - that's Christmas sorted! 😂

Didn't wake till 7.45 today! Tomorrow's forecast is excellent so I'll be riding which means cracking on with housework this morning.

:hello:

Top Bottom