The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Oh yes. Got a letter on Saturday to say I get £200 winter fuel allowance this year. How good is that? Completely unexpected. I'm a proper OAP now!

If they're two people in the house do both get it when the other qualifies?
I should know that as my dad and step mum got a payment but damned if I can remember if they got one each or if it was combined. No doubt on the Government website?

Looks like it's £200 in total, i.e. if you both qualify it's £100 each if I'm reading it correctly

Last edited:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Oh yes. Got a letter on Saturday to say I get £200 winter fuel allowance this year. How good is that? Completely unexpected. I'm a proper OAP now!

No I think you have to share it . In my case my mum in law who lives with us was paid £300 , but when I qualified for winter fuel allowance her payment dropped to £200 and I received £100.By next winter mrs JK will qualify maybe the £300 Will be split 3 ways . The anticipation to much for 3 pensioners.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

No. They get £100 each. I have to threaten Mrs @BoldonLad with heating off, if she doesn’t pay up her £100 ;)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning gang.
A right miserable day here......wet and very gray.
Main task today is sorting out paperwork in the study. 100% my own fault as I procrastinate as I hate (have always) hated it. A couple of hours should do it.
Next is the PoA crap.......the auntie is now in respite but 10 miles away and they won't tell us anything unless I go there and provide proof. Had to do all that at the hospital so why they couldn't pass it on is beyond me.
aahhh well... have to get on with it.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

I checked online the other day, and I don't qualify for any other benefits other than a bus pass. I can have the married tax allowance though, which I already claim.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I checked online the other day, and I don't qualify for any other benefits other than a bus pass. I can have the married tax allowance though, which I already claim.
The winter fuel allowance is not, at present, means tested, so if you are state pension age, you should get it. Same as the not to be missed £10 Christmas bonus, thanks to prudent Gordon (Brown).

Top Bottom