The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

This has just been posted on my facebook time line from the group Cycling Over Sixty, someone having fun in the snow.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
We have wind and it's raining as it is over most of the country.

I'm going to have to venture out on the bike for some essential goodies from the local shops as we are running a bit low on fruit and veg.:bicycle: wish me luck:okay:

Another soggy dog walk first and then bunker down indoors for the rest of the day.:cuppa:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
This is becoming a familiar morning sight this winter
View attachment 569770
I'd rather have your view than mine ☹️

Rain is bouncing.......

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Back in Devon for a bit where it is very wet and windy, no fun taking Molly for a walk as she gets very wet and I have to dry her every time before she can go in the house . Daughter is going to Exeter hospital tomorrow for a full body scan. Let's hope it will be clear. she will get the results next week. Mrs G had an ECG two days ago and her heart beat was very low, 40 bpm, which was caused by one medication being too strong so doctors have altered it and she should be better now. Not surprised she always felt tired!
Apart from that, another boring day as it is not the same when you are in somebody else's house and the crap weather doesn't help, especially when you are stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Make the most of your day every one.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Bonjour. Back in Devon for a bit where it is very wet and windy.......
Hello from across the bay :hello:

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all...I was sorting some old photos out on our old computer in the loft yesterday afternoon, and ironically found this one when we had a big snow fall. it must be at least 12 years old. Daughter and myself made this.....

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Been out for a short walk, not very pleasant. Even the virgin snow is horribly wet and slidey, the stuff that’s had grit on it is just mush. There’s more wet snow falling, the sky looks full of it. Forecast is for it to continue falling on and off right through until tomorrow morning.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another bright sunny day but colder than yesterday as -4.6C when I got up but now risen to -2C. Just as well I got out yesterday as the low sun is blinding drivers so not going anywhere today.
Being in level 3 makes no difference to me but not being able to travel to Oban which is level 4 unless for hospital appointments is annoying in one respect.
I cannot get decent shopping done as the coop is getting worse with lowering quality knowing we have no alternative. I had a fish stew yesterday including frozen mussels which I can only get in Oban for example. With the local shellfish industry in dire straits bags of prawns and mussels are available locally but too much hassle getting a 5KG bag to deal with.
I also ordered a pack of Epson printer ink on line which I could get off the shelf in Oban. It is stuck somewhere in a lorry park as it is coming from Germany apparently. Might be here next week or the week after or sometime, mebbe.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Been out for a short walk, not very pleasant. Even the virgin snow is horribly wet and slidey, the stuff that’s had grit on it is just mush. There’s more wet snow falling, the sky looks full of it. Forecast is for it to continue falling on and off right through until tomorrow morning.
Getting a bit fed up of it now. It's so restricting for being able to do much.

Still, trying to look on the bright side. At least I don't live in a low lying area down south wondering if my house is going to be flooded again........can't imagine how awful it must be for them. Some poor beggars have had repeat flooding. Stuck in a house that they can't sell now and no doubt can't get insurance or it must be exorbitant if they can. :sad:

Top Bottom