The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
.......and besides I don't have much else to think about.........it's that or Death by Paradise.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Geez. Didn't take long for it to A bring up the EU yet AGAIN and be. We told you so.

British food is of such a high quality as everyone knows. What exactly is in a lot of processed foods anyway. Lots of crap and rubbish ground up and thrown in to bulk it up a bit. YUM. :hungry: :laugh:

12boy

Guru
The Cajun folk who eat "mudbugs" (crawdads or crayfish to you, cher) suck de brains too. Maybe they are good.
Growing cotton is very hard on the soil and requires a lot of water....1 pound of cotton requires 1/4 pound of synthetic fertilizer. Too bad, I really like cotton in the summer.
Thank you for the info on the cotton famine. I would be proud to have ancestors who did the right thing when it cost something.
Did my 20 on the Brompton. Only a few icy spots and it was nice to be riding something that could coast a bit better than studded snow tires. Got up to a toasty 1.6C with only a weak breeze.
Time for a snack....squid marmalade on pork rinds and hot chile ginger bread. Actually, I made that up. Perhaps a little meatloaf, extra sharp Australian cheddar and a Bosc pear.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The Cajun folk who eat "mudbugs" (crawdads or crayfish to you, cher) suck de brains too. Maybe they are good.
Growing cotton is very hard on the soil and requires a lot of water....1 pound of cotton requires 1/4 pound of synthetic fertilizer. Too bad, I really like cotton in the summer.
Thank you for the info on the cotton famine. I would be proud to have ancestors who did the right thing when it cost something.
Did my 20 on the Brompton. Only a few icy spots and it was nice to be riding something that could coast a bit better than studded snow tires. Got up to a toasty 1.6C with only a weak breeze.
Time for a snack....squid marmalade on pork rinds and hot chile ginger bread. Actually, I made that up. Perhaps a little meatloaf, extra sharp Australian cheddar and a Bosc pear.

My mum used to make a mean meatloaf.:hungry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
During the struggle for Independence Gandhi called for a boycott of British cotton goods encouraging people only to wear homespun cloth. The effect decimated the east Lancashire textile industry which is why Gandhi was invited to Darwen (about 6 miles from here) to see at first hand the poverty the boycott created.
I was telling my bubble pal about Rooley Moor Rd this evening and she said that she remembered reading something about Gandhi coming over here and talking about cotton.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was telling my bubble pal about Rooley Moor Rd this evening and she said that she remembered reading something about Gandhi coming over here and talking about cotton.
Apparently taken in Todmorden, Lancashire.
8b0f88a28898aa0a2f8d62e5b6a0c34f.jpg

12boy

Guru
I was wrong before...I did not eat meatloaf but rather panko encrusted oven baked trout, and some cheddar. Never got around to the pear but I will. Dinner will be curried prawns, bismati rice, roasted cauliflower, some chutney, sliced banana, hard boiled egg and other additions to the meal.
My friends tell me I look so much like Mohandas Karamchand Ghandi that I could be his Anglo half brother. I don't know if I really cotton to that. Having lived in India from age 3 months to 10 years I encountered lavish curried meals that had so many other additions to eat with the curry and rice it took 12 boys to carry all that to the table, hence my forum handle of 12 boy.

Top Bottom