The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickyknees

Guru
Bore da pawb.

Better day in the making. Lighter winds and the prospect of seeing the sun today.
Nice to see the garden’s snow drops coming through.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks,

Sunshine and a hard frost. It's the birthday of an ex colleague today. We worked together for more that forty years, Mrs Tenkay remarked that we'd worked together for so long that we could read each others minds ^_^. I remember on one occasion we were working together dismantling a piece of equipment, it was an extremely time critical repair and the customer was in the workshop in order to be able to take the repaired item back and get his production line running again. As he left he remarked that it had been like watching a ballet, with each of us moving around the equipment to initiate the next stage at just the right time and handing each other the required tools just as they became necessary.
I will extend this mornings walk and pop a card through the door. Looking forward to being able to meet up again for a pint and a natter once the Virus situation is resolved.

Have a peaceful day folks

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Decided on an Aldi dash. Got everything and back home by 08 30.
My app tells me its now 3° but it feels more like 0° AND it was hail stoning.
My get up and go has definitely got up and gone :sad:........I do not feel like doing anything.
I might have a wander round to the Co-op for a few bits and pieces just to take me over the weekend as I hate weekend shopping even worse than during the week.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have to pick Mr WD's prescription up from the quacks. Might brave the Co Op if I feel brave:laugh:

GM

Legendary Member
This must be a first on CycleChat.....

...This is the card I mentioned the other day for Mrs GM's friends dad, and here's a link
https://www.normandymemorialtrust.org/news-story/d-day-veteran-donald-howkins-becomes-centenarian/

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Gritting lorry went past about 6 o'clock this morning and has just gone past again. Took a long time to come back so must have been doing the maze of streets where there used to be an open field. For some unknown reason that bit became known as "Tinsel Town". Light covering of slush and when I went out to my coal bunker behind the house it was not slippy as I expected.
Meant to go up to the farm shop for cheese and any meat they have. On my last pack of bacon so need to get more.
However looking at the conditions underfoot I may just leave it as there is supposed to be a rise in temp. next week.
Sun is now out and looks nice.
Either a lot of locals have got new cars or there are a lot of strangers appearing. LWB Land Rover Defender just gone past with a family. The only people using such vehicles here are the huntin,shootin,fishin bunch.
Those who used to have them for work disliked them as they were uncomfortable and even the farmers all have Japanese pickups of various configurations.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Gritting lorry went past about 6 o'clock this morning and has just gone past again. Took a long time to come back so must have been doing the maze of streets where there used to be an open field. For some unknown reason that bit became known as "Tinsel Town". Light covering of slush and when I went out to my coal bunker behind the house it was not slippy as I expected.
Meant to go up to the farm shop for cheese and any meat they have. On my last pack of bacon so need to get more.
However looking at the conditions underfoot I may just leave it as there is supposed to be a rise in temp. next week.
Sun is now out and looks nice.
Either a lot of locals have got new cars or there are a lot of strangers appearing. LWB Land Rover Defender just gone past with a family. The only people using such vehicles here are the huntin,shootin,fishin bunch.
Those who used to have them for work disliked them as they were uncomfortable and even the farmers all have Japanese pickups of various configurations.
I don't think they are known to be very reliable are they? Probably another reason for going for the Japanese versions. I always notice when something comes up on tv of people driving various places abroad in harsh climates/terrain that the Toyotas feature strongly.

Top Bottom