The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Will we all come in and rescue you if you don't return? :laugh: Sometimes I have a good chuckle reading some of the posts over there, but tend not to post for obvious reasons.
Ahh but you did ^_^.....on the smelly knicker soiled undies thread

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Although my heart goes out to all those affected by Covid, especially in the built up areas, I then read this and think.........well what do you expect! :sad: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55764673
Unfortunately some sections of the population because of religious beliefs carry on as usual. They fail to understand the implications of such gatherings and believe their communities are not bound by the laws and customs of the country they are living in.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I don't think they are known to be very reliable are they? Probably another reason for going for the Japanese versions. I always notice when something comes up on tv of people driving various places abroad in harsh climates/terrain that the Toyotas feature strongly.
The problem was not so much reliability but the driving position seemed to be uncomfortable for everyday use. My stalker/ranger pal hated his issued by Forestry and another friend who worked for BT had the same opinion.
Generally the Japanese pickups seemed to be more popular.
However my younger son had one on contract hire when he was working on windfarm sites in the UK. This was a company vehicle but was a total disaster as the engine cut out at speed on motorways several times and spent more time on recovery vehicles than actual use. He had a couple of narrow misses when it cut out on English motorways in the fast lane. He was only saved from a major pile up by a lorry driver he had just passed who realised the problem and blocked two lanes to let him reach the hard shoulder with no engine power.
To cut a long story short he gave it back the the main dealer and said he was not having any more of it as it was a health and safety issue. The reply was that they would need to take this up with the H&S manager. They were taken aback to be told he was the H&S manager.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I don't think they are known to be very reliable are they? Probably another reason for going for the Japanese versions. I always notice when something comes up on tv of people driving various places abroad in harsh climates/terrain that the Toyotas feature strongly.
Toyota 4x4 pickups feature strongly in war zones , usually with a heavy machine gun mounted on the back and packed with militia fighters. :angry:

classic33

Leg End Member
Hello everyone :hello: The ground is dry, the sky is clear, no wind,+ (PLUS!) 2C. There seems to have been a light frost but nothing to stop our ride which I have planned using local roads and avoiding all lanes bar a one mile stretch. If we dodge the one mile stretch it means 3 miles on the A59, a major trunk road. :stop:

Bit of a restless night.......for Mrs P who was still reading at 3.00am since when she tossed and turned. I got up at 5.00am to escape this. No one wonder I don't get enough sleep.

I am about to make another effort to prove who I am to the NHS log-in to allow me to use the myGP app. My local practice keep urging this but the NHS don't seem to like my credentials. They've fixed enough bits over the years, you'd think they could have popped in one of Bill's chips while I was there!! :laugh:
Maybe you've to make an appointment for that to be done.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Chapeaux to Dave R & PaulSB. First ride of the year yesterday, managed a measly 10 miles, seemed to be struggling. It's only when I slowed down freewheeling down hill I knew I had a problem. The front wheel was very stiff and hardly turning so needs a bit of fettling, thought it might be the brakes as I've just bled the discs but they seem okay so I think it might need some new bearings :sad:
Hopefully problem fixed, stripped down, one side was grinding and gunged up, so cleaned up and regreased (lots of rubbing alcohol on the garage floor when I knocked the bottle over!). Hoping to get out tomorrow, fingers crossed.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Although my heart goes out to all those affected by Covid, especially in the built up areas, I then read this and think.........well what do you expect! :sad: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55764673
The European Commissioner for Trade was discovered at a golf dinner in the west of Ireland some months ago ( a dinner which smashed the covid rules ) and pressure made him resign. Imagine what would happen to the 400 of them if they tried that in China ?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I am back from the quacks with Mr WD's meds. I braved the Co op as well. Lots of people were in there.

1. Everyone wore masks.

2. No on was social distancing.

3. No on observed the markings on the floor telling them which Isle to go up and which one to go down.

1 out of 3 is probably better than nothing.

Today is chicken day. Its def thawed out now. :laugh:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
A pal of mine, a keen photographer, has been sorting stuff out prior to a house move.
He just sent me this piccie that he's found, taken just past Crosby in the Isle of Man.
My passenger saw him on the bank and gave him a wave.........at about 130mph. :laugh:
Happy days!

Dave7

Legendary Member
A pal of mine, a keen photographer, has been sorting stuff out prior to a house move.
He just sent me this piccie that he's found, taken just past Crosby in the Isle of Man.
My passenger saw him on the bank and gave him a wave.........at about 130mph. :laugh:
Happy days!

View attachment 570100
Superb.
Can you recall what bike you were riding ,

Top Bottom