The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I did that on my old ebike - apparently it does not protect from a 3 inch long screw passing directly through both tyre walls
how in the name of $deity I managed to run over it and get it through the tyre at that angle I have no clue
Not necessarily proof... my tube was slime-free!

Ha - I had a 4 inch nail go through the side of a mountain bike tyre once, then through both sides of the inner tube, and out of the other side of the tyre. The tyre stayed pumped up! The only reason that I knew that the nail was there was because it was catching on the seat stays as the wheel rotated.

I have absolutely no idea how a nail could find its way through like that, and even less idea why the tube didn't go flat ...
:okay:
What does DMR stand for ?
Dangerous Motorcycle Race! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
My Car is booked in for its MOT and annual service for Monday 1st Feb. It will be more expensive than normal because of the transmission pipe but hey ho it has to be done.
I went on line for my tax today only to find the MOT ran out in September....oops:wacko:.
Booked in for tomorrow.....PHEW dodged a bullet there.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Put the telly on for Pointless to find we have a daily brief on.

It is on BBC2

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looking for some useless information which my friend Mr G does not seem to know.
Years ago when touring somewhere on the NE England coast we came on a village where they did not speak English, or at least English as we know it. There was a tunnel which led down from the clifftop to the beach which I remember walking down. Must have been quite a labour to dig that but there was no harbour as such on an exposed coast and I think they must have hauled boats up in bad weather.
No idea why I remember this but where is it? Somebody must know.

12boy

Guru
The sad thing is I already don't drink alcohol and go easy on carbs and rarely eat sweets and am still becoming more blubberous daily. In the winter time I do a lot more resistance training which lead to the hope that any extra weight was lean muscle mass but that is an obvious delusion. However, as I told my friend a couple of years ago who was moaning about not being able to do what he could ten years ago, ten years from now we will wish we could still do what we can today.

Top Bottom