The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Weight issues aside today has been good, probably the best for several weeks. Started off with a friend calling to say he'd crashed on black ice and to be careful. By this time I was at the meet point waiting for another buddy. We decided to carry on.

I had planned a route using main roads and off we went. It was great, temperatures up to around 5-6⁰C, sunshine and dry. We sailed along. Arrived at a new cafe stop for takeaway which was recommended by the friend who phoned the ice warning.

This is a VERY unusual cafe. It's a shipping container converted into a cafe. A simple menu, 2-3 sandwich choices, 3 panini choices, cake and very, very good coffee. The outdoor tables are oil drums. Magic!!!! Love it. For locals it's called The Gasket and is on Skull Lane, Appley Bridge.

Yes, Skull Lane, no typos.

A very good day.......makes a change amongst all this shoot.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good evening all, another day not doing a great deal.

I called my mate who lives nearby as I hadn't heard from him this week. Turns out he's got covid and been suffering at home this week and didn't want to tell anyone.
So I cycled around and got some essential shopping for him.

I cooked a decent mushroom risotto for tea, MrsP liked it at least.

Now listening to T B on the radio and drinking tea:cuppa:before Winter Watch comes on.

It's raining heavily outside but tomorrow looks good.

Stay safe everyone :okay:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: Hi I've not been feeling myself for a while now, I'm not depressed or anything like that, but with all the bad news with this virus I think it's not “if” we get but when.............:sad:
I have got something wrong with my right knee I think is in cartilage trouble, had it a while back, but it disappeared, but now it's back and I can't put much weight on it so going for walks is a no no so it seems like I'm stuck looking at four walks of my hovel until it gets better.
Looking back through the posts I see I was missed by a few people ….thank you :smile:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

This is from a canal walk 2 years ago , I came across it when looking for another photo . I wasn’t sure what category to post in , so I thought I would share it here.

pawl

Legendary Member
:hello: Hi I've not been feeling myself for a while now, I'm not depressed or anything like that, but with all the bad news with this virus I think it's not “if” we get but when.............:sad:
I have got something wrong with my right knee I think is in cartilage trouble, had it a while back, but it disappeared, but now it's back and I can't put much weight on it so going for walks is a no no so it seems like I'm stuck looking at four walks of my hovel until it gets better.
Looking back through the posts I see I was missed by a few people ….thank you :smile:

I have a similar problem with my right knee.Had it for several years.Cycling is not a problem I rub in some Volterol twelve hour gel and put on a knee support Walking is more of a problem.Use a walking pole if hill’s involved

View attachment 570181

This is from a canal walk 2 years ago , I came across it when looking for another photo . I wasn’t sure what category to post in , so I thought I would share it here.
No idea where to find it but I watched a canal boat vlog a while ago that showed a narrow boat converted to look like a Morris Minor

including indicators

sometimes you think of something and it just has to be done

12boy

Guru
I go for subtitles when I watch British TV. I can sort of hear ok but not when there are other noises or people talk fast. I'm also having trouble putting seeing the road on my bike...just can't focus as fast as I ride. Weird.
Glad to hear from you, numbnuts. I've had a number of friends and relatives get very ill or die, so that's where my head goes if someone seems missing. Sorry about the kneesels, though. Get well soon.

Top Bottom