The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Apparently we will be getting snow on Sunday

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
A pal of mine, a keen photographer, has been sorting stuff out prior to a house move.
He just sent me this piccie that he's found, taken just past Crosby in the Isle of Man.
My passenger saw him on the bank and gave him a wave.........at about 130mph. :laugh:
Happy days!

View attachment 570100
Dangerous bend if you get it wrong as happened to David Jefferies in 2003. I was sitting on the wall of the church hall spectating there in 2017. Jim Moodie was a lucky man in 2003 as the telegraph wires caught up in him as he arrived at speed on that fatal day. In 2017 I noticed Conor Cummings coming through on one particular lap and his helmet just inches from the stones jutting out from the wall on the inside apex. Phew ! I breathed a sigh of relief as he sped off. It must have been a fabulous experience for you racing in the IOM

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just back from my walk in the sunshine. 11km and now enjoying a slice of toast with Marmite and peanut butter ( crunchy )
Walked past a little lake that used to be a clay pit for Poole Pottery.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just come back from a 20 mile wander to the airport and back
had a look around CC - looked at a thread I had posted to yesterday which simply asked if Slime worked

Yea Gods some people will argue about anything!!!!!

much more peaceful in here!!!
I wondered if putting slime into the inner tubes in the Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres on my Brommie would make them virtually p***ture proof.

I wondered if putting slime into the inner tubes in the Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres on my Brommie would make them virtually p***ture proof.
I did that on my old ebike - apparently it does not protect from a 3 inch long screw passing directly through both tyre walls
how in the name of $deity I managed to run over it and get it through the tyre at that angle I have no clue but I no longer use the cycle path on that road due to 4 punctures in a couple of months in spite of puncture 'resistant' tyres plus slime

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just come back from a 20 mile wander to the airport and back
had a look around CC - looked at a thread I had posted to yesterday which simply asked if Slime worked

Yea Gods some people will argue about anything!!!!!

much more peaceful in here!!!

I have slime in my tyres. I quite like it. Doesn't add too much weight and it gives me a bit of peace of mind as well.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Dangerous bend if you get it wrong as happened to David Jefferies in 2003. I was sitting on the wall of the church hall spectating there in 2017. Jim Moodie was a lucky man in 2003 as the telegraph wires caught up in him as he arrived at speed on that fatal day. In 2017 I noticed Conor Cummings coming through on one particular lap and his helmet just inches from the stones jutting out from the wall on the inside apex. Phew ! I breathed a sigh of relief as he sped off. It must have been a fabulous experience for you racing in the IOM
The photo was taken from the old Halfway House pub car park, between Crosby and the Highlander.
Fabulous experience indeed. Everything since has been boring.

12boy

Guru
Good to see you back, numbnuts. Very light snow last night but lots more beginning tonight through late Saturday.
Mo, I feel your pain. I'm up to 68.5 kg from as little as 65.7 last summer and more worrisome, body fat % up from 12.9 to 14, per my scale although I don't know how accurate it is on body comp. I wonder if the short days trigger a blubbifying response.
Unfortunately Mrs 12 has fallen into the sticky trap of responding to FB and local newspaper comments by people who allege the Covid isn't real, that Trump really did win, masks are either unnecessary or spread disease and any request to wear one is a violation of their constitutional rights, etc etc. I feel it is pointless to argue with these folks as they will not change their minds, for after all, God is on their side.
I will try for a short ride around the neighborhood today, the other highlights being vacuuming dog hair and sorting out and filing a bunch of medical bills. Of course we are warm and dry, have hot water, lots of food and I have CC and your exploits to inspire me so we are good...
Hasta Luego

Top Bottom