The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Enjoyed my walk to the library and back. It's a little over 6 miles round trip and I vwas able to stroll along fairly well and did the miles in 21 minutes a mile. This is my 4th day walking and I feel am getting back into the groove. Listened to reggae and Motown my Ipod while trudging along, which I enjoyed as well.
The pic is the little valley I live near, looking south to Casper Mountain. We still have a liitle snow.

classic33

Leg End Member
Enjoyed my walk to the library and back. It's a little over 6 miles round trip and I vwas able to stroll along fairly well and did the miles in 21 minutes a mile. This is my 4th day walking and I feel am getting back into the groove. Listened to reggae and Motown my Ipod while trudging along, which I enjoyed as well.
The pic is the little valley I live near, looking south to Casper Mountain. We still have a liitle snow. View attachment 570743
That's only just over Naismith's Rule, good going.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lol. I saw the trailer and had a little chuckle! :laugh:

Going to watch Marcella at 9.

God knows what Molly is up to. She’s opened a drawer in the kitchen and stuff is getting rattled about.
May have told this before but years ago a group of us went to Chester zoo. Among us was a young woman who's surname was Beaver. A lovely 'girl'.......in her 30s at the time.......but very naive.
We were all looking around the gift shop type place when she saw a T shirt with the logo "I enjoy beaver diving".
She was all for buying it but one person was brave enough to explain things to her :rolleyes:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
May have told this before but years ago a group of us went to Chester zoo. Among us was a young woman who's surname was Beaver. A lovely 'girl'.......in her 30s at the time.......but very naive.
We were all looking around the gift shop type place when she saw a T shirt with the logo "I enjoy beaver diving".
She was all for buying it but one person was brave enough to explain things to her :rolleyes:
The "relicts of auld dacency " or as the english would say ..a well bred young lady of discerning taste .

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning to one and all.
Why is it so BLACK outside ???? Dark, yes, I get that but it is just black.
Re Covid......on the local news it said the numbers in Liverpool had DOUBLED over the weekend......that is scary.
I am due at the opticians in town at 0900. 2 things.........
1. Get the aunties (lost) specs replaced.
2. I got new specs a couple of months ago. The left lens keeps popping out. The 'screw' keeps coming loose and it is sooooo tiny I struggle to get the screw driver in the slot. Expensive they were and just IMO not up to standard.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning peeps.
It's misty but not cold outside.

The highlight of the day will be a bike ride to the market to get some Seville oranges for marmalade making. I've not tried making it before but I want to give it a go.

Dog walking across the muddy fields now that the snow has gone.

Another busy day in paradise beckons :cuppa:

Top Bottom