The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Bonjour copains et copines. Got up at 9 which is standard these days, Molly walked and cleaned as it is very wet out there so wiping her paws when we get in to save carpets.
I must say I am missing my bikes although I would not ride here due to state of the roads in winter. I believe there is a cycle path called the Tarka trail not far from here so I will do that in the summer.
Does anyone watch Ben Boggle ( not sure of his name) Life in the wild series? I find it quite interesting. The one I watched last night was in Scotland.
@Drago , I thought all schools were closed at the moment?
Keep safe all of you.
He's one of the ones to blame for "I'm a celebrity, let me out of here" and similar. Remember "Castaway", set on a Scottish island?

That were daddy of them.

And watch out for the train track, on the Tarka Trail.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
No, don't watch crime dramas. I get all tetchy at the inaccuracies.
I annoy Mrs JK by pointing out gaffs in period dramas . An example a railway station scene set in the 1930’s train is hauled by a 1950’s British Railways locomotive or an episode of Foyles war with a Routemaster bus not introduced till the late 1950’s . Honestly I AM NOT a trainspotter.
My tip for PaulSB , when I’m in the velo cave dealing with bike maintenance issues that could prove challenging. I play Verdi or Puccini very loudly that way the neighbours can’t hear my steady stream of expletives. I find Italian opera calming, Wagner Would just wind me even more.

pawl

Legendary Member
Mug of coffee made and going to do a jigsaw on the computer. :hello:

Won’t it fall off when you get to the edges:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I do two of them every day on the computer.
Very enjoyable. Love the satisfying little click when you get the piece in the correct position. :smile:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mo used to watch those prison dramas but stopped as the officers were no were were as violent as she was :rolleyes:
I was browsing the gender thingy thread and was just remembering one night's night shift on remand. I was doing the round of observation checks on women that were on obs for whatever reason. Checking one room and the occupant had her feet sticking out of the bed and they were massive. Got back to the desk and made comment to the other officer who laughed and said she used to be a man. :laugh:

All joking aside, it did cause some problems at times.

Top Bottom