The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
So as not to divert @Dave7 thread I'll just pop this in here. From '76-78 I shared a house with three gay women. In the 70s that was quite a thing. I was 22-24.

We had some fantastic times and I learned a lot. I still remember some nights to this day. No smut please.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
So as not to divert @Dave7 thread I'll just pop this in here. From '76-78 I shared a house with three gay women. In the 70s that was quite a thing. I was 22-24.

We had some fantastic times and I learned a lot. I still remember some nights to this day. No smut please.
I worked with a lot. Girls that moved in next door last year are a same sex couple too as are Maddy and Gemma along the road. I never really give it a second thought these days.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I worked with a lot. Girls that moved in next door last year are a same sex couple too as are Maddy and Gemma along the road. I never really give it a second thought these days.
No I wouldn't give it two thoughts and haven't throughout my life. It was a really interesting time and these women were pretty radical. Taught me a lot which frankly as a young male I needed to learn.

Back from a couple of hours on the studded mtb, decided to chance my luck with the local reservoirs. These are usually mobbed but thanks to the ice underfoot and damp and murky 2 degree air today I hardly saw a soul. My studs work fine on smooth hard ice, even with water on top. Hard rutted ice is tricky but soft ice is the worst, there was quite a bit of this today and the bike was snaking around all over the place. Had to resort to walking a few times. But fun to be out.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Oh dear @Mo1959 , you obviously have not been following the "words that annoy me for no reason" thread, you will annoy the aubergine farmer (aka Mudsticks), using the word "girls" to refer to adult women. It is OK, I will not "drop you in it" :rolleyes:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast but dryish and not cold at 5C so after shopping where I always feel as if i have been conned in the coop out on the trike.
A bit misty, I think atmospheric is the word to describe conditions at lower levels but as I climbed higher above the loch the fog was getting thicker so turned the lights on back and front. Not really wet and still a lot of ice on the road edges and on the loch surface. At lower levels heard a kind of whistling noise and a shelduck took off just beside me on the water. The only buzzard today was sitting on a streetlamp just as I was leaving the town.

Top Bottom