The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There's certainly a distinct possibility.

:laugh:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Wakey wakey people. Rise and shine. :hello:
Did you wet the bed ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Just got back from a ride around some Shropshire lanes, I am going to have to move over here one day.
Shropshire is nice. A walk up the Wrekin is hard work, but enjoyable.

I was planning to stay here another few years until Mini D goes up to big school, and then move back to my place at Shetland. However, plans are afoot to build a chuffing great (and un-needed) rail freight temrinal a few miles form us, and if they are successful in getting the planning permission I'll accelerate my plans and move back soonest. I don't bother working, Mrs D only works part time, so there's no real issue at upping sticks and going back. I renew the lease to my tenant in 6 moth cycles, so won't need to wait too long for my gaff to be vacant. Then decide whether to rent out or sell Chez Drago II.

classic33

Leg End Member
Shropshire is nice. A walk up the Wrekin is hard work, but enjoyable.

I was planning to stay here another few years until Mini D goes up to big school, and then move back to my place at Shetland. However, plans are afoot to build a chuffing great (and un-needed) rail freight temrinal a few miles form us, and if they are successful in getting the planning permission I'll accelerate my plans and move back soonest. I don't bother working, Mrs D only works part time, so there's no real issue at upping sticks and going back. I renew the lease to my tenant in 6 moth cycles, so won't need to wait too long for my gaff to be vacant. Then decide whether to rent out or sell Chez Drago II.
Unphased by the lack of bright city lights then?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Still Life 'Beer & Crisps' - A study in retirement. Note the juxtaposition of the already pulled pints and the beer engines - an allegory of one's transition through the ethereal realm twixt the natal experience and the call of the Grim Reaper.

20180817_125731.jpg

Top Bottom