The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Attachments

• 20210306_122301.jpg
    20210306_122301.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Presumably this is included land or just an extremely rare and expensive shed?
It included the land which the adjacent garage business coveted. It had been the original lifeboat shed which became redundant. It had problems in that there was no water or sewage connection and was clad with asbestos sheeting.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am officially knackered... I completely forgot my plan to turn in early last night so it was the usual post 04:00 bedtime. 3 hours later my sister kindly woke me up by texting me at 07:25! :wacko:

I managed to drift off again but my alarm then went off at 09:00. I went to switch it off and saw that I had set it 'early' because I was expecting a parcel delivery (my new 'reader' cycling glasses). I got up and intended to snooze downstairs while waiting for the parcel but I didn't manage to get to sleep again.

The parcel has arrived now so I will nip out later to do my shopping. Perhaps I'll manage a nap before then.

I just had the TV news on...

Did YOU know how much daffodil pickers can earn? £350 a week? £450? Nope... £1,000! :ohmy: But Houston, we have a problem! It is harder to get foreign workers in now in the post-Brexit world; British jobs for British workers and all that... Yeah, right. A flower grower said that he has no British workers at all. He had finally managed to recruit 3 English lads but they only lasted a few days. Once it got chilly, was raining, and the wind started blowing they complained of backache and cleared off!

There was a depressing report about idiot celebrity influencers and idiot fan influenced getting their dogs' ears docked. They reckon it looks cool/funny/cute/(insert stupid description here)... As you can imagine, the dogs themselves are NOT fans of the procedure! :thumbsdown:

No stark naked :ohmy: in my kitchen :smile:
I think I'll give the Cock-a-leekie a miss! :laugh:

We did that at one time but they were not folding models which are needed for car transport unless a van type vehicle is used.
I have had to do it twice - both times we got folding ones - so either it has changed or it varies from place to place

worth a phone call anyway

Tenkaykev

Guru
Seems a bit like Worcester Sauce which I use. Is that opening up another can of worms?
M
Seems a bit like Worcester Sauce which I use. Is that opening up another can of worms?
Made in Sheffield since 1885 and it’s Vegan, unlike Worcester Sauce which has / had anchovies as an ingredient iirc. There’s a veggie version of the Worcester sauce available now.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have had to do it twice - both times we got folding ones - so either it has changed or it varies from place to place

worth a phone call anyway
I think it varies from place to place as they probably rely on local donations. There was one folding one available from our only nearby place but very heavy. Pay by donation as I remember.

Top Bottom