The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Stuffed with what ?
Dragos recycled underpants ☢️☢️☣️☣️⚠️

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good afternoon. Here I am , back in the land of potholes but at least the sun is shining. ^_^
Still, nearly empty motorways all the way down and steady speed. Just a couple of 50 mph limits on M6 and M5 but nothing like it usually is.
Back to Wales on 24th for my second covid jab the day after.

Just looking for an opinion from some sensible people

but they weren't around so etc etc (had to be said)

anyway - went out riding this afternoon - mostly along canal paths.
Now - when I come across another cyclist then - assuming there are no other obstacles including walkers, dogs etc and assuming the cyclist(s) are adult - I work on the basis that everyone should move to the left (as this is the UK) and we all pass each other easily if there is enough room.

Today I noticed 2 cyclist coming towards me on a nice wide well laid path - the person in the front was male and moved to his left and we passed easily. So clearly I was now on my left.
The 2nd cyclist was a few yards being the 1st and was in the middle of the path
Then moved to her RIGHT - i.e. directly into my path

I decided to stop rather than swerve right in case she did something else weird - but she just kept coming directly towards we and stopped a couple of yards in front of me.
It was all clear so I started off and moved right to pass her.
As I passed I said "Sorry - most of us keep left"
she replied - "thats OK - I always go to the right"

Now that seemed well weird to me

does everyone else think it is a bit weird???

And - on that subject - I have come across a few people in the last few months who seem to want to keep to their right.
Has anyone else come across this concept??
and is there any actual regulations about it - Highway Code or anything???

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

Now - when I come across another cyclist then - assuming there are no other obstacles including walkers, dogs etc and assuming the cyclist(s) are adult - I work on the basis that everyone should move to the left (as this is the UK) and we all pass each other easily if there is enough room.

Today I noticed 2 cyclist coming towards me on a nice wide well laid path - the person in the front was male and moved to his left and we passed easily. So clearly I was now on my left.

I decided to stop rather than swerve right in case she did something else weird - but she just kept coming directly towards we and stopped a couple of yards in front of me.

And - on that subject - I have come across a few people in the last few months who seem to want to keep to their right.

Some people don't know about the etiquette of things. I to would move to the left. As you say it's what people do in the UK anyway.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

In short. Yes! A mystery to me. Ride/drive on the left, walk on the right.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Mrs D is studying, 2nd to last assignment before she gets her degree so I'm leaving her to get on with it

That means cooking tea falls to me. A quick phone call to my favourite curry emporium has tea for 3 winging its way to Chez Drago, giving me time to sink a few beers and get in the curry mood.

So.. all you have to do now is, take delivery without anyone seeing, unpack, plate, present as your own work ;)

Top Bottom