The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In a vain attempt to change the subject - passed 4000 miles on my ebike today

got it November 2019 - so 14 months ish

which means it has done about the same mileage as my car - based on the mileage between the last 2 MOTs

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Mine was to be given on the 24th February, the last date on the estimate. How has your son fared?
Very well thank you classic. No adverse reactions perhaps a slightly tender arm the day after.

Have you had yours yet?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@ebikeerwidnes this keeping to the left thing happens. Yes, I agree the rule, if it is a rule on towpaths etc, is keep left. The obvious thing to do.

What I notice is there are some cyclists and walkers who just don't get this and almost panic at our approach. I find the only solution is to slow, watch where they go and then move to the opposite side. Sometimes I take the initiative and move as far left as possible.

With cyclists it tends to be those who appear less experienced, out for a "let's go for a bike ride" sort of ride. You know, empty the garden shed to get the bike out from the back. No problem with this but lack of experience leads to slight panic mode.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Dave7 I've been reading, admittedly on Yahoo, that vaccination may help some who are suffering the effects of long Covid-19. I'm sure you have but you have both been vaccinated?

I say Yahoo because I can't find the link I was looking for. There was a report on this in the R4 PM programme last Tuesday which I'd be more inclined to take note of. The general theme is while there is no evidence there are sufficient anecdotal reports from sufferers to make research worthwhile.

Top Bottom