The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. A fresh 3 degrees here but lovely for an early walk. 6.8 miles done. Nearly at 200,000 steps for the week.

Porridge finished and time for a cuppa. Hoping the forecasted wind and rain for a few days doesn't amount to much as the trails are just starting to dry up.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning. A fresh 3 degrees here but lovely for an early walk. 6.8 miles done. Nearly at 200,000 steps for the week.

Porridge finished and time for a cuppa. Hoping the forecasted wind and rain for a few days doesn't amount to much as the trails are just starting to dry up.

That step count is outstanding. Mrs Tenkaykev often gets all smug as her daily step count is frequently higher than mine. I've pointed out that as my legs are longer than hers, she will take more steps than me to cover the same distance. That doesn't come into the equation however, " Steps are steps" as she says...
I hadn't realised that Garmin has a weekly steps leader board that works between the people who you have linked to in Garmin Connect. The "News" tab is great for seeing what training our daughter is doing, just in case she's secretly upping her training so she can leave me for dust next time we're able to run together.
Ive sometimes pondered as to what my maximum day's steps might have when I was doing the longer stuff, but after trying to factor in stride length shortening / lengthening over time plus fatigue and terrain my head started to hurt ^_^

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just having brek brek then ill pyone my dad. Mrs D is finishing her OU assignment. Ive helped her with the planning, but the work itself is all hers.

That's great to hear Drago. Mrs Tenkay did a degree when she was in her 50's. This inspired our daughter who was working in Customer Services at the local Audi garage to have a go " If mum can do it..."
My input was mainly providing coffee and sandwiches, plus hinting that after a few hours it might perhaps be a good idea to take a short break...

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Mrs JK started a post grad when she was 50. Although it was classed as a part time course the college mistakenly issued her with a full time NUS card . So she could take advantage of all the discounts available to full time students, including a serious discount on an Apple laptop . A few years later she decided to retire early , so within 5 years I went from sleeping with a student to sleeping with a pensioner .:sad:.

Top Bottom