The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hmmmmm...........I had to Google "bustiers" now I need to clear my Google search history!!! :laugh:
haha......I did the same.
But being a dirty old man I have kept the images, so I you want another peek ^_^.
BTW.....one of the models looks suspiciously like Welshie.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 I've been reading, admittedly on Yahoo, that vaccination may help some who are suffering the effects of long Covid-19. I'm sure you have but you have both been vaccinated?

I say Yahoo because I can't find the link I was looking for. There was a report on this in the R4 PM programme last Tuesday which I'd be more inclined to take note of. The general theme is while there is no evidence there are sufficient anecdotal reports from sufferers to make research worthwhile.
Paul.
Both had our 1st jab. Waiting for the date for our 2nd.
It puzzles me when I read that some already have eg March dates for their 2nd jab ??

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees.
We did a bit of catch up and watched the chap from “ Line of Duty” , Adrian Dunbar ? Travelling around the West Coast of Ireland. Some incredible scenery. It’s true that you tend to dismiss what’s on your own doorstep in search of the exotic. I’m tempted to head back and take a more leisurely look.
Cold here, and overcast at the moment. I’m girding my loins before heading out for a run 🏃‍♂️❄️
have a peaceful day folks 👍

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning fellow retirees.
We did a bit of catch up and watched the chap from “ Line of Duty” , Adrian Dunbar ? Travelling around the West Coast of Ireland. Some incredible scenery. It’s true that you tend to dismiss what’s on your own doorstep in search of the exotic. I’m tempted to head back and take a more leisurely look.
Cold here, and overcast at the moment. I’m girding my loins before heading out for a run 🏃‍♂️❄
have a peaceful day folks 👍
So true.
A few years ago I got talking to a a woman who was telling me of all the beautiful, exotic holidays she had enjoyed and YES they all sounded good.
I asked her, have you visited......
Snowdonia....... no
Lake District....... no
Cornwall......... no
She has been all over Europe but not GB.

Tenkaykev

Guru
So true.
A few years ago I got talking to a a woman who was telling me of all the beautiful, exotic holidays she had enjoyed and YES they all sounded good.
I asked her, have you visited......
Snowdonia....... no
Lake District....... no
Cornwall......... no
She has been all over Europe but not GB.
I was in Berlin a few years ago and got talking to a local girl who, with her dad, was walking the SWCP. They were doing it in their holidays, ten days each year.
A close friend has visited Machu Pichu, Everest base camp etc, but similar to your friend, had never explored closer to home.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull grey and cold morning with showers forecast.
No warmth from the sun so need to get the stove fired up early and cannot be bothered doing much else. Apathy rules I think.
Got wild flower seed for replacing the veg garden but noticed I had got annuals instead of perennials. Need to reorder but the annuals can be used in another part of the garden when I finally get the ruined polytunnel cleared.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. Sky is brightening up, sun arising, 4⁰ so a decent day ahead methinks. Woke at 4.00, brew, read, sleep at 6.00, wake at 8.00. That'll have to do.

First priority is to ride my bike. Meeting a friend at 10.30 at a local cafe for coffee. There are two big hills in the way, think I'll skirt round the first and see what I can manage on the second.

Later I have to work out what to do with my Phormium. We decided to reduce it in size 10 days ago. I carefully separated out sections but now what remains keeps falling over. I understand why, not enough root to support the foliage, but the solution???

More exciting updates on the Phormium crisis as the day progresses. Tune in later. I know you will.

:pump::bicycle::hello:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Dull grey and cold morning with showers forecast.
No warmth from the sun so need to get the stove fired up early and cannot be bothered doing much else. Apathy rules I think.
Got wild flower seed for replacing the veg garden but noticed I had got annuals instead of perennials. Need to reorder but the annuals can be used in another part of the garden when I finally get the ruined polytunnel cleared.
A few years ago our local council Parks and Gardens department completely changed their strategy. The larger local traffic roundabouts changed from short grass and evergreen shrubs to central patches sown with wild flowers. Ditto some of the places where earth mounds had been placed to prevent caravan camps, were transformed into oases of bright flowers. It's a joy to behold. I've noticed several local gardens now also have areas sown with wild flowers.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Paul.
Both had our 1st jab. Waiting for the date for our 2nd.
It puzzles me when I read that some already have eg March dates for their 2nd jab ??
I got the letter from the NHS last monday, and I duly went onto the website and booked my jab at a local pharmacy, got it done on Thursday. It also wanted me to book the 2nd jab as well. Booked In for may 20th.

Top Bottom