The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Off to do my civic duty first thing, then taking doggie to the beach.
I skimmed that and read "going dogging on the beach" :eek:.
It made sense the 2nd time ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Sleety stuff here and cold. At least I heard my first Cuckoo on my early jog.
Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 08.00.13.png

Good morning, world.

This morning, Mrs Salad and I will take a walk into town, to do our civic duty and vote.

We will then walk down the main street to our favourite family run cafe, and scoff a breakfast.

I need to fix a leaking gutter on the garage, but this afternoon looks like being a bit too wet. That job may have to wait until the weekend.......

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Cooeee. Blue skies and sunshine here but it is a tad cool.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Same old sunshine and brisk northerly wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be bright sunshine and light winds. After that we seem to have slightly rising temperatures and SW wind but inevitably that means rain.
It always looks better next week sometime but next week never seems to live up to it's promises.
General waste bin was emptied early this morning. Just as well I put it out yesterday.
I hear what sounds like a neighbour bringing my empty one back in. Whoever happens to be out first usually brings both in off the street. The recycling ones still not been emptied and they are using mine as I was not going to bother putting it out as it had very little in it and they seem to have much more recycling than I do.
I have a pile of old garden netting and a large very sturdy cardboard tub which must be about 60 years old but too big for a dirty washing basket for one person. Not sure whether to dump it or give it to the local charity shop.
Anyway a dump run is in order today I think.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Morning. Sleety stuff here and cold. At least I heard my first Cuckoo on my early jog.
View attachment 587381
As long as it is heard before the end on May you should be ok for another year. There are variations about whether before or after breakfast but in my case it has been both and I am still here.
I heard my first one a couple of weeks ago but now I just hope it works regardless.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
As long as it is heard before the end on May you should be ok for another year. There are variations about whether before or after breakfast but in my case it has been both and I am still here.
I heard my first one a couple of weeks ago but now I just hope it works regardless.
Just googled it and there seems to be dozens of different myths. One is you will continue to do for the rest or the year what you were doing when you heard it, so if I'm still jogging that will be fine. Lol

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hello fellow retirees,
I've just spent an absorbing five minutes using the tip of a cutlery knife to get every last morsel of crunchy peanut butter out of the jar and dabbing it methodically around my piece of toast. The bread was from a loaf Mrs Tenkaykev made yesterday using Spelt flour. It's a very tasty combination and well worth the effort.
Nothing much planned for the rest of the day, I have a bit of tidying up to do in the shed, but I need to be in the right frame of mind and I've got a case of the can't be bothered.
Might hop on the Brommie and roam around the local roads to see what's what.

Stay safe folks 👍

Top Bottom