The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

It is indeed. Sat in the conservatory listening to SoTS and the rain is drowning the sound out.
Woke up at 0300 with a violent headache ........you know the type that makes you think something is really wrong. I realised that yesterday I had (too much) alcohol and no water......silly mistake.
Taking MrsD for her swab, prior to her re-arranged operation. 25 mile round trip seems extreme but 'they' insist it is done there. Lets hope this op' goes ahead ok this tìme.

Hopefully no cock ups this time and its all straight forward.

D

Deleted member 1258

We have a plumbing saga going on here, a few weeks ago we had to have the toilet flush replaced, whilst they were doing that we discovered that one of our stopcocks needs replacing. I've now got a quote for the job we just need to find the external stopcock, could be any one of four, theres now been a string of messages gone back and forth between me and Severn Trent and its becoming obvious that they haven't a clue where the external stopcock is, I've now been waiting since Thursday for their virtual team to get in touch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
We have a plumbing saga going on here, a few weeks ago we had to have the toilet flush replaced, whilst they were doing that we discovered that one of our stopcocks needs replacing. I've now got a quote for the job we just need to find the external stopcock, could be any one of four, theres now been a string of messages gone back and forth between me and Severn Trent and its becoming obvious that they haven't a clue where the external stopcock is, I've now been eaiting since Thursday for their virtual team to get in touch.
Best of Luck Dave , if there like Thames Water , your going to spend hours in phone queues.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good Morning everyone. It is lashing down with strong winds. I see 13 pages have passed and I won't catch up so.

Happy Birthday @Mo1959 @Drago hope you're feeling OK. @Dave7 @dave r all the best to your respective Mrs Ds and hope things are good.

Felt I needed a break from all things web based apart from the newspaper. This was a good plan. What have I done? Not a lot really. Second jab for us both during the week and no adverse reactions.

This morning we're going to buy Mrs P a new pre-loved car. This afternoon granddaughter arrives for what is becoming her regular Saturday visit. She had best not be grumpy as the weather is going to stop our usual tactic of a walk to help her sleep.

Have a good day. Will catch up later. My porridge calls.

:hello:

D

Deleted member 1258

Good Morning everyone. It is lashing down with strong winds. I see 13 pages have passed and I won't catch up so.

Happy Birthday @Mo1959 @Drago hope you're feeling OK. @Dave7 @dave r all the best to your respective Mrs Ds and hope things are good.

Felt I needed a break from all things web based apart from the newspaper. This was a good plan. What have I done? Not a lot really. Second jab for us both during the week and no adverse reactions.

This morning we're going to buy Mrs P a new pre-loved car. This afternoon granddaughter arrives for what is becoming her regular Saturday visit. She had best not be grumpy as the weather is going to stop our usual tactic of a walk to help her sleep.

Have a good day. Will catch up later. My porridge calls.

:hello:

Yes, we're good thank you. Things have stalled a bit here, having made good progress with the physios, they transferred my Good lady to different people and now she's in a queue waiting for the physio to restart, apparently the physios she was with only do it for 6 weeks then they transfer people elsewhere, so no physio for several weeks and all the good work gets undone. :sad:

GOOD MORNING!

Sorry I had to shout, but the rain is battering the window and making a hell of a racket.

I shall mainly be doing nothing today, although there is an Aviva rugby match on TV this afternoon.

I am about to take my life into my hands by attempting to wake Miss Salad, who has an opticians appointment at 11am. She is, how can I say it?, a bit reluctant to get up on her day off.....

Have a good day, everyone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes, we're good thank you. Things have stalled a bit here, having made good progress with the physios, they transferred my Good lady to different people and now she's in a queue waiting for the physio to restart, apparently the physios she was with only do it for 6 weeks then they transfer people elsewhere, so no physio for several weeks and all the good work gets undone. :sad:
Same here Dave. Just making progress and he switched..... waiting for a new physio now :wacko:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I had the start of a migraine last night and stupidly didn't take a tablet hoping to sleep it off. Big mistake as it was worse by morning and felt quite sick so tablet taken and back to bed for 3 hours and it's nearly gone thank goodness.

Missed a brief window for getting out though as the wind has really picked up and the rain is nearly here.

On a more exciting note, I see my team have actually made it onto live television. The semi final against St Mirren is on tomorrow afternoon. Shame they have 4 players out due to Covid. They haven't disclosed who yet so hope it's not one of their more crucial ones.

Top Bottom