The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

This has come up on my Facebook page a couple of times, its a wonder they're not squeeking after that.:eek:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Enjoying our little sun trap.
Very warm when the sun pops out.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out to be a nice sunny day with little wind so out about lunch time for a short trike spin. Not much traffic and one car stopped in a passing place waiting to get a puncture fixed. The morning rush was over and everything had stopped for lunch I presume.
Nice relaxed run and stopped to look at things along the way several times.
The next few days do not look too good tho' with high winds for a while tomorrow and some rain.
Temperature looks set to rise by Sunday so the weeds will get a good start before I can get out to clear them.
My last bloods were apparently marked as normal but seems to be no follow up as requested by the previous GP who seemed very keen tho' she did have a student to impress. Why am I anaemic? Will wait till my next nurse appointment who at least has some continuity. That is one non improvement we have seen with the latest system of a pool of mainland GPs who come for a week at a time. The health board clearly do not want any resident doctors here tho' it was a system which worked for many years.:sad:

postman

Legendary Member
Back from Lancashire,doing care duties.Just had a pint Greene King IPA Reserve my word nice and strong,its gone to my head.A second bottle has been opened Hobgoblin Ruby.Darker and very nice.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I managed a ride today, 41 miles into the Hertfordshire countryside , it’s was still a bit fresh out there. I checked my 2019 cycle records, 7 may to St Neots Cambridgeshire 103 miles on fixed . Unless there’s massive increase in my mileage , I won’t be doing that distance this year.
There's a local Ukelele band that plays at various Pub's Beer Festivals etc, they call themselves the "MotherUkers", a great choice of name 😁
I have a friend who is in a Ukulele band based in Earls Barton Northamptonshire, “the Ukes of Earl ”.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I beat phantom paper pilferer to the Metros - there was a big pile at the station when I got there.
She beat me to it today! :laugh:

My bubble pal came over by train this afternoon. She often picks up a Metro but didn't today, so I asked why - had they had all gone? Apparently not - there were still at least 30 or 40 left - she had just assumed that I would already have one. I hopped on my bike to nip down to the station to get one. The sun was shining so I did a little extra 30 minute loop but when I got to the station the Metro dispenser was bare! Phantom paper pilferer must have got there in that 30 minute window...

I hunted around for discarded papers and found one in the waste bin. I hesitated to pick up a potentially Covid-contaminated paper, but decided to go ahead and scrub my hands when I got home. I'd tear out the crossword puzzle page and put the rest of the paper back in the bin. No joy... somebody had beaten me to it - the puzzle page had ALREADY been torn out. :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
She beat me to it today! :laugh:

My bubble pal came over by train this afternoon. She often picks up a Metro but didn't today, so I asked why - had they had all gone? Apparently not - there were still at least 30 or 40 left - she had just assumed that I would already have one. I hopped on my bike to nip down to the station to get one. The sun was shining so I did a little extra 30 minute loop but when I got to the station the Metro dispenser was bare! Phantom paper pilferer must have got there in that 30 minute window...

I hunted around for discarded papers and found one in the waste bin. I hesitated to pick up a potentially Covid-contaminated paper, but decided to go ahead and scrub my hands when I got home. I'd tear out the crossword puzzle page and put the rest of the paper back in the bin. No joy... somebody had beaten me to it - the puzzle page had ALREADY been torn out. :sad:
They're not supposed to take more than one!
Are there any station staff there now, and are they aware of what's going on.

Top Bottom